Grrrr!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Grrrr!

Frequently I open a game just to find longer words or patterns without the pressure of actually playing. When the timer reaches no less than 10 seconds I quit the game, no worse for wear. Lately, I've been trying to get out of games, and the timer just keeps running. It just happened twice in a row, leaving me with...well, an incentive not to do that again. A couple of days ago, I even shut down Safari with 3 seconds left thinking that would work. Nope. Ended up with the game recorded. Has anyone else been experiencing this?

The way I play, I also count on being able to quit early. That said, response time has been good for me lately, Unfortunately, that means that the problem could be on your end.

Comment

Originally posted by Spike1007 View Post
      The way I play, I also count on being able to quit early. That said, response time has been good for me lately, Unfortunately, that means that the problem could be on your end.
      Was hoping that wasn't the case. It's been doing it on both Chrome and Safari with Wordtwist, plus loading slowly at times. It's a new, though rare event, the not quitting. No other problems. It's a 27" Mac 5K retina, 2T, 32GB of RAM, with only a small fraction of the storage and memory used, so I don't think it's capacity--though I know little about computers. It's been running extremely complex Illustrator tasks without a hitch. Maybe our server? Maybe I've offended the electron gods?

Comment

I think it is the site. I just now got the message that the page was using too much memory and the game closed and I was thrown out. I wonder if it has anything to do with the commercials. I do know that these generate a lot of spam. the moment I haven't played for some days, the number of spam messages in my email box go down. I have also noticed that the games seem to "hang" a lot, you try to make words, but they just do not register. I also work on a Mac with very little storage used. to me the site is getting rather unstable.

Comment

Originally posted by leabhar View Post
          I think it is the site. I just now got the message that the page was using too much memory and the game closed and I was thrown out. I wonder if it has anything to do with the commercials. I do know that these generate a lot of spam. the moment I haven't played for some days, the number of spam messages in my email box go down. I have also noticed that the games seem to "hang" a lot, you try to make words, but they just do not register. I also work on a Mac with very little storage used. to me the site is getting rather unstable.
          Yep. The "using too much memory" warning comes up frequently. Too much memory?!!! This computer can handle ungodly amounts of tasks. Normal computers hang up on the things I do with demanding programs. Been getting the spam a lot also. Experienced the hanging aspect, too. A couple of days ago I was doing a game that might have given me my best score ever and got kicked off. Grrrrr! That's been happening more lately: almost finished with a game and bam! bye-bye. And, when I check the played words after a game, there have been a lot more that I typed but didn't get recorded. I just thought it was my failures from pressing the limits of my typing. Hmmm.

Comment

Originally posted by Naboka View Post

Yep. The "using too much memory" warning comes up frequently. Too much memory?!!! This computer can handle ungodly amounts of tasks. Normal computers hang up on the things I do with demanding programs. Been getting the spam a lot also. Experienced the hanging aspect, too. A couple of days ago I was doing a game that might have given me my best score ever and got kicked off. Grrrrr! That's been happening more lately: almost finished with a game and bam! bye-bye. And, when I check the played words after a game, there have been a lot more that I typed but didn't get recorded. I just thought it was my failures from pressing the limits of my typing. Hmmm.
            Nope, I think the server cannot handle the amount of new people playing. I will contact the site manager and see what happens.

Comment

Here's an odd twist: when loading games is sluggish I open Wordtwist simultaneously on Chrome and Safari. For some reason the games start loading quickly. Weird.

Comment

Perhaps more people who play on this site could consider becoming a paying member. The cost is minimal. It's much more pleasant playing without ads. And... why not support something you enjoy?

Comment

What a day! Went to play my 30 minute session after lunch and started with a great board (70 points above my average), then the bottom fell out. I would get tangled up in stupid, get a bad case of the frab-ju-bab fingers or the dreaded five second freeze. Sometimes all three on the same board. I quit after 25 minutes. Maybe better luck tonight?

Comment

Originally posted by dannyb View Post
                    What a day! Went to play my 30 minute session after lunch and started with a great board (70 points above my average), then the bottom fell out. I would get tangled up in stupid, get a bad case of the frab-ju-bab fingers or the dreaded five second freeze. Sometimes all three on the same board. I quit after 25 minutes. Maybe better luck tonight?
                    I hope things have returned to normal for you, dannyb. I love the way you put it: I would get tangled up in stupid, get a bad case of the frab-ju-bab fingers or the dreaded five second freeze. Funnily enough, that happens to me every.single.game

Comment

Working...
                    X