No announcement yet.

New dictionary and new boards

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi Stephen - i just noticed that my scores are not showing my standing with other players like before. is there a way i can fix that? checked settings, etc. but i'm stumped. TY for your help!

Comment

Originally posted by lovesGod View Post
      Hi Stephen - i just noticed that my scores are not showing my standing with other players like before. is there a way i can fix that? checked settings, etc. but i'm stumped. TY for your help!
      It looks like you don't have enough points yet to be in the top 100 for the month on 5x5, though you're close. Once you reach that threshold you should show up. But if you mean you're not seeing previous stats at the end of each puzzle, that's because we launched a new puzzle library yesterday - it will take about 3-5 days before the majority of puzzles start to show previous solving statistics.
      If you enjoy our puzzles, please consider upgrading to a premium account to remove all ads and help support us financially. Thanks for your support!

Comment

Lovely, thank you for this! I'm not concerned about my rating, I just play for love and the momentary glory of a win!

Comment

Arabesque: thanks for taking the time to write what you did yesterday.
          Last edited by lalatan; 02-19-2021, 06:35 PM.

Comment

Lalatan, I hope you don't mean actually silent...you are waaaaay funny most of the time! and if you need some support on some of the new words, check with the grandkiddies.

Everyone plays for different reasons, or no reason at all.

Luenig:

"Let it go,
            Let it out,
            Let it all unravel,
            Let it free
            And it will be
            A path on which to travel."

I'm considering becoming the President of your fanclub. (like, not in a weird stalkery kind of way).

Flops, Out. xxxx

By the way, I'm picking that the more talented amongst our lovely community could write an essay incorporating some, if not all, of the new words. We've been playing around with it here....

Comment

Thanks floppers. I deleted that line, probably just overreacting as usual.

Comment

so much better than "over exaggerating" though, I'm pretty sure if one of my offspring says that again, I will blow a fuse.

I explain why that's not a thing, but they just persist....I wonder if they do it just to...I don't know, I'm just going to put it down to "attachment seeking" (which is a best served cold phrase), when I'm "attachment seeking", I can get really subtle.

Comment

Thank you, Stephen!

Comment

Originally posted by Spike1007 View Post
                    I was wondering if that had kicked in yet. I just got SUPERDIABOLOCALNESSES (40 points) and had never seen that before. By the way, SUPERDIABOLICALNESS doesn't work.
                    Wow! Amazing ... how did you find it?

Comment

Thank you Stephen for adding all the new puzzles, I was having trouble finding one with a reasonable score I could possibly get close to or @ least meet. Now I can create new records & its become fun again. I know the record won't last very long but its nice to have it @ least for one player. Am not one of those AMAZING players who can come up with those super long words, I'm lucky if I can find one that 7 letters. So all the new boards @ least gives me a chance to have some records even if its just for a little while.

Comment

Originally posted by 2cute View Post

Wow! Amazing ... how did you find it?
                        Playing for long words, you just get used to putting things together, and then look for even more to add. (lalatan calls them Frankenstein words.) I started by finding DIABOLICAL, added the NESSES (this is used so much, seeing it becomes almost second nature), and looked some more & found SUPER. I was somewhat surprised that it worked though. Anyway, I generally spend my time looking rather than typing.

Comment

Just scored points for UNINDICTABLENESS and UNINDICTABLENESSES, but not the adjective UNINDICTABLE.

Comment

I had fun getting SUPERPOLITENESSES and SUPEROFFENSIVENESSES in two relatively close boards

Comment

Was IXNAY in the dictionary before? That was a fun find.

Comment

I was surprised to find BADASS was accepted

Comment

Working...
                                X