New dictionary and new boards

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 6winner9 View Post
    Was this a diversion, so I'd think my Average Points Per Word scores were indeed dominating and secure, and I'd never see it coming when your alternate account swooped in at the last instant?

Well played.
    No, it was genuine dismay over losing almost 3k best/longest word records due to a website change.
    It's common knowledge I've been using thinkbig to compete in APPW for the last 4 years, but since you're a newbie, you probably didn't know that. I was busy collecting records off all the new games. Even if I had surfaced earlier in the month, you wouldn't have had the time or words to make up the difference between us, since all board stats were set to zero.

You obviously brought some strong word skills with you into this game and have learned a lot since joining, so congrats on your 2nd place finish.

Part of my resume is on this page in case you're interested: https://forum.puzzlebaron.com/forum/...re-in-the-game

Originally posted by L9UR91 View Post
    I for one will be happier once all the new boards have been played a lot more times since this is like video catnip.
    Lol, Laura! "video catnip" is a great description.
    Last edited by lalatan; 03-03-2021, 06:09 PM.

Comment

Found 25 letter word PANCREATICODUODENOSTOMIES, game didn't accept it. My study of all those big number words paid off though with QUINQUATRIGINTILLIARDS.

Comment

Hmm... it looks like there is an issue with 25 letter words. There are some actually out there, but a bug in the code seems to be preventing them from being submitted. I will work on that today.
        If you enjoy our puzzles, please consider upgrading to a premium account to remove all ads and help support us financially. Thanks for your support!

Comment

OK - 25-letter words should now be working properly. Sorry about that!

Global stats for those interested:

25-letter words: 23 unique words, 23 instances
          24-letter words: 58 unique words, 67 instances
          23-letter words: 93 unique words, 119 instances
          22-letter words: 177 unique words, 221 instances
          21-letter words: 355 unique words, 437 instances
          20-letter words: 686 unique words, 885 instances
          If you enjoy our puzzles, please consider upgrading to a premium account to remove all ads and help support us financially. Thanks for your support!

Comment

Thanks for the fix, but my exciting moment of receiving credit for that first 25 letter word was quite a letdown. I wonder if you could fix the 22 letter point barrier also. Currently 23+ letter words are scored as 22 letter words. If you can fix that we might see our first 50+ point word.

Comment

SOUNDHEARTEDNESSES and SOUNDHEARTEDNESS are accepted but not SOUNDHEARTED

Comment

Originally posted by BoggleOtaku View Post
                SOUNDHEARTEDNESSES and SOUNDHEARTEDNESS are accepted but not SOUNDHEARTED
                Fixed now, thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by MegaWord View Post
                  I wonder if you could fix the 22 letter point barrier also. Currently 23+ letter words are scored as 22 letter words. If you can fix that we might see our first 50+ point word.

Should be fixed now, thanks!

Comment

Stephen, thanks! Now all I have to do is find a 50 point word.

Comment

TELECOMMUNICATES accepted, but the singular not accepted.

Edit: UNVEXATIOUSNESS(ES) accepted, but not UNVEXATIOUS.

Edit: MEEKHEARTEDNESS(ES) accepted, but not MEEKHEARTED.

Edit: OVERRESERVEDNESS(ES) accepted, but not OVERRESERVED.

Edit: SUPRACONSCIOUSNESS(ES) accepted, but not SUPRACONSCIOUS.
                      Last edited by MegaWord; 03-06-2021, 01:23 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by MegaWord View Post
                        TELECOMMUNICATES accepted, but the singular not accepted.

Edit: UNVEXATIOUSNESS(ES) accepted, but not UNVEXATIOUS.

Edit: MEEKHEARTEDNESS(ES) accepted, but not MEEKHEARTED.

Edit: OVERRESERVEDNESS(ES) accepted, but not OVERRESERVED.

Edit: SUPRACONSCIOUSNESS(ES) accepted, but not SUPRACONSCIOUS.
                        Many thanks for these - all these, and roughly 1,800 other words which match these patterns, have now been added.

Comment

Originally posted by admin View Post

Many thanks for these - all these, and roughly 1,800 other words which match these patterns, have now been added.
                          That's great! My spirit is revived after finding another 25 letter word. And thank you for the point fix on 23+ letter words as many of us desired that. Now the hunt for the 50+ point word!

Comment

Congrats MegaWord! Those are the kinds of words I don't really want to memorize but I told myself 2-3 years ago I didn't want to learn long scientific and medical words. Now I play them all the time. So I'm probably lying to myself once again. I had a look online for 25 letter words today and only came up with 7, so your study resources are much more sophisticated. It'll be interesting to see what else you come up with.
                            Last edited by lalatan; 03-06-2021, 06:04 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by lalatan View Post
                              Congrats MegaWord! Those are the kinds of words I don't really want to memorize but I told myself 2-3 years ago I didn't want to learn long scientific and medical words. Now I play them all the time. So I'm probably lying to myself once again. I had a look online for 25 letter words today and only came up with 7, so your study resources are much more sophisticated. It'll be interesting to see what else you come up with.
                              Thank you lalatan! My study resource for 16+ letter words I've revealed in a topic I entitled "Great dictionary for study". My study resource for 3-15 letter words is the Zyzzyva program which you can see the emblem thereof at the bottom of the screen in my videos (scrabble tile with a Z). The number words aren't as hard to know as one would think. As crazykate has aforementioned, you need only know the building blocks.

Comment

I recall seeing your link in that post and realizing it was litscape.com so I didn't use your link. I've been using litscape to go over words since Zeno posted it. However, I only used it to study "words ending with"... Didn't know there was a mammoth word list there until I clicked your link today. Thanks for the reminder.
                                Yes, I remember words by prefixes, root and suffixes. Some of those are challenging to think of too when you only see ţhem every few weeks or months on boards. I don't know how many times I misspelled quattuordecillionths. Couldn't get the prefix right the first time until I started sounding it out phonetically in my head.
                                Last edited by lalatan; 03-07-2021, 04:09 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X