No announcement yet.

New dictionary and new boards

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

None of us know how many times we have misspelled quattuordecillionths, lala....(except me...I can guarantee you, I have never misspelled quatuordecillionths, except for just then....so now I can count how many times I have misspelled quattordecillionths...and that would be twice).

Comment

Lol flops!

Comment

I just played a board where ELECTROMAGNETIZER was accepted for 35 pts but ELECTROMAGNETIZE was an invalid word.

Stephen, I also want to add that you have Wordtwist performing like never before! So thanks for that and all the new words and boards.

Comment

Originally posted by lalatan View Post
          Stephen, I also want to add that you have Wordtwist performing like never before! So thanks for that and all the new words and boards.
          Ditto to that! It's been a lot of fun playing these past few weeks :-)

Comment

I just played a board where ELECTROMAGNETIZER was accepted for 35 pts but ELECTROMAGNETIZE was an invalid word.
            Fixed now in 3 puzzles. Thanks!

If you enjoy our puzzles, please consider upgrading to a premium account to remove all ads and help support us financially. Thanks for your support!

Comment

UNREALISE is accepted. How about UNREALIZATION(S) and UNREALISATION(S). The latter is not accepted.

Comment

Originally posted by BoggleOtaku View Post
                UNREALISE is accepted. How about UNREALIZATION(S) and UNREALISATION(S). The latter is not accepted.
                Neither of those words appear in CSW19, and no longer variants of either are in our database for 16-letter-and-up words - so probably those won't be added. Thanks though!
                If you enjoy our puzzles, please consider upgrading to a premium account to remove all ads and help support us financially. Thanks for your support!

Comment

Just curious about this: I played UNCONTRADICTABLENESSES and the singular. Both were accepted but CONTRADICTABLENESSES was not. Is it not in the dictionary? Thanks.

Comment

So I'm on a board and I see "paleoanthropologists" and type it in wrong. I try again with the singular and get it right. Try again with the plural and get it wrong after just ten letters or so, start again and get it wrong again and start again. And then time ran out. So if you wonder why I didn't get 38 points instead of 36 and whether the plural was there -- well, it was there and I tried. And if I could type better, I'd have it and all the other related words as well and I'd have scored 100 points higher. But at least the word was there, and I did see it. I didn't see anyone else finding that word this month, so either it was a really new board or it was an old one that no one had yet re-played. Either way thanks, Stephen!

Comment

Just curious about this: I played UNCONTRADICTABLENESSES and the singular. Both were accepted but CONTRADICTABLENESSES was not. Is it not in the dictionary? Thanks.
                      CONTRADICTABLENESS and CONTRADICTABLENESSES have now been added.

I've also confirmed: PALEOANTHROPOLOGISTS (plural) was indeed on that board, bwt1213. Better luck next time! :-)

Comment

Determinableness, indeterminableness, and indeterminablenesses all work but determinablenessess does not........

Comment

NONCONDESCENDINGNESSES works, but CONDESCENDINGNESSES doesn't. I'm not sure about CONDESCENDINGNESS.

Comment

UNLEARNABLENESS(ES) is accepted (Lalatan got it first), but not LEARNABLENESS(ES)

Comment

CONDESCENDINGNESS/ES, LEARNABLENESS/ES, and 996 similar instances (i.e. where longer usages exist of UN-, NON-, SUPER-, OVER-, UNDER-, etc.) have now been added. Vast majority of them are -NESS variations. (DETERMINABLENESSES however was definitely already there, so maybe that was a mistype).

Comment

Stephen, thanks for continuing to improve the WordTwist site.............your efforts are appreciated! I noticed your avatar pop up this morning and wondered what you were up to.

It's very possible I did mistype determinablenesses--I'm forever on here at 5am when I'm exhausted and my typing isn't that great even when I'm rested.

Cheers,

Russ

Comment

Working...
                                X