No announcement yet.

New dictionary and new boards

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I just played a board where I spotted APPROBATIVENESSES early on. After retyping it a few times, the singular and PROBATIVENESSES, all were rejected. Usually when I have that problem, I get the correct spelling on the 2nd or 3rd pass. So please check when you have time. Thanks!
    Last edited by lalatan; 03-14-2021, 06:42 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by lalatan View Post
      I just played a board where I spotted APPROBATIVENESSES early on. After retyping it a few times, the singular and PROBATIVENESSES, all were rejected. Usually when I have that problem, I get the correct spelling on the 2nd or 3rd pass. So please check when you have time. Thanks!
      These are now added.
      If you enjoy our puzzles, please consider upgrading to a premium account to remove all ads and help support us financially. Thanks for your support!

Comment

You obviously brought some strong word skills with you into this game
        Congrats on 1st place & no offense meant. Going for average points per word is a much different game, another kind of discipline, and the cost of mistakes is high. I am satisfied with the outcome.

This month I've humbly stepped back into the shadows. But who can say while it's still March, whether I get a wild hair.

Comment

Originally posted by 6winner9 View Post

Congrats on 1st place & no offense meant. Going for average points per word is a much different game, another kind of discipline, and the cost of mistakes is high. I am satisfied with the outcome.
          Thanks. For sure it's different. I came to realize if I'm not sure of a word's point value, don't play it. Playing under 2 ID's can be fraught with danger too. (I came up with a method to prevent it.) Once I self-sabotaged most of a month's work by playing a few low scoring words in 1 game under the wrong ID. (That was when I played for points as lalatan.)
          I'm not competing either this month. Too many new words to find on new boards.
          Last edited by lalatan; 03-17-2021, 01:18 PM.

Comment

I just did something I've never done! I finally beat an Estive high score on a board! Granted it was by only six points, but I'll take it!

Screen Shot 2021-03-15 at 10.23.31 PM.png

Comment

Somehow I'm still showing up on that board, must be a mistake!
              Interesting: DECHRISTIANISATION and CHRISTIANISE accepted, CHRISTIANISATION and DECHRISTIANISE not.
              (Don't know regarding Z alternate spelling.)

Comment

Originally posted by BoggleOtaku View Post
                Somehow I'm still showing up on that board, must be a mistake!
                I've only beaten ONE of your scores too. Very frustrating!

Comment

Stephen, I'm not sure you're monitoring this thread anymore. In case you are, I just played a board where INAFFECTATIONS wasn't accepted. I think I tried the singular (not sure though) and it was rejected.
                  Last edited by lalatan; 03-17-2021, 07:53 PM.

Comment

CHRISTIANISATION has been added. (DECHRISTIANISE was definitely already in there - perhaps there weren't enough E's to make it work).

INAFFECTATION/S ... neither is a word in CSW19, and we don't use any longer versions of those terms, so these will not be added.
                    If you enjoy our puzzles, please consider upgrading to a premium account to remove all ads and help support us financially. Thanks for your support!

Comment

Originally posted by admin View Post

INAFFECTATION/S ... neither is a word in CSW19, and we don't use any longer versions of those terms, so these will not be added.
                      Ok, thanks. Before I asked I googled it and it was in a few dictionaries.

Comment

Just found another: REMUSCULARIZATIONS was accepted but MUSCULARIZATIONS wasn't.
                        Btw, you have brought a new freshness to the game by adding so many new words. Much appreciated.

Comment

Just found another: REMUSCULARIZATIONS was accepted but MUSCULARIZATIONS wasn't.
                          Btw, you have brought a new freshness to the game by adding so many new words. Much appreciated.
                          Added now (and the "S-for-Z" version, too). And thanks!

Comment

I haven't enjoyed playing this much for a long time! Really am very happy with the new boards, thank you!

Comment

ELECTROGALVANIZER accepted, but not ELECTROGALVANIZE.

Edit: HYPEROXYGENIZATION accepted, but not OXYGENIZATION, REOXYGENIZATION, or DEOXYGENIZATION.
                              Last edited by MegaWord; 03-21-2021, 06:26 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by MegaWord View Post
                                ELECTROGALVANIZER accepted, but not ELECTROGALVANIZE.

Edit: HYPEROXYGENIZATION accepted, but not OXYGENIZATION, REOXYGENIZATION, or DEOXYGENIZATION.
                                Added now, thanks!

Comment

Working...
                                X