No announcement yet.

New dictionary and new boards

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I stole a best word on this board, a casualty of improved scoring method for longer words, which I think we all appreciate. An opportunity for turnover...
    Attached Files

Comment

I just played a board where EPITHELIALISATION was invalid. Please check.

Comment

Hey Lalatan--just fyi, I sent you a pm this morning...............the messaging on this site is really archaic! It's hard to know when you receive a message so I thought I'd give you a heads up here so you can check it out whenever.......

Best,

Russ

Comment

Originally posted by lalatan View Post
          I just played a board where EPITHELIALISATION was invalid. Please check.
          Added now, thanks!
          If you enjoy our puzzles, please consider upgrading to a premium account to remove all ads and help support us financially. Thanks for your support!

Comment

Thanks for your diligence, Stephen. Another one for you: STEREOPHOTOGRAMMETER, STEREOPHOTOGRAMS, PHOTOGRAMMETER, PHOTOGRAMS were all invalid on a board I just played.

Comment

CORRUPTIBLENESSES not accepted, although singular case and both cases with IN- prefix were.

Comment

Originally posted by lalatan View Post
                Thanks for your diligence, Stephen. Another one for you: STEREOPHOTOGRAMMETER, STEREOPHOTOGRAMS, PHOTOGRAMMETER, PHOTOGRAMS were all invalid on a board I just played.
                PHOTOGRAMS is definitely already in the database. None of the other terms are in any of the dictionary sources we're using, nor are any direct variants, so we'll likely not be adding these for now. Just to keep things clear - I am only adding terms when there is already a direct variant of it in play. i.e. a plural when the singular is in play, or a past tense when the present tense is in play, etc.

CORRUPTIBLENESSES is now added, thank you!
                If you enjoy our puzzles, please consider upgrading to a premium account to remove all ads and help support us financially. Thanks for your support!

Comment

parenthesises, not parentheses?

Comment

On a board just played EXCOMMUNICATING was accepted but not EXCOMMUNICANT.

Comment

• Originally posted by rosedraws View Post
                      parenthesises, not parentheses?
                      Both are allowed in the CSW19 dictionary.

On a board just played EXCOMMUNICATING was accepted but not EXCOMMUNICANT.
                      EXCOMMUINICANT is not in CSW19, nor are any direct variants used in our dictionary, so it will not be added.

Comment

• QUIETED, DISQUIETED, DISQUIETEDNESS(ES) accepted but not QUIETEDNESS(ES)

Also I'm excited to have bested a word submitted by lalatan. A rare occurrence, whereas mine I'm sure are eaten for lunch.

wtwist.PNG

Comment

• Originally posted by BoggleOtaku View Post
                          QUIETED, DISQUIETED, DISQUIETEDNESS(ES) accepted but not QUIETEDNESS(ES)
                          QUIETEDNESS (and plural) are not words in CSW19, nor any other dictionaries as far as I can see, so they will not be added.

Comment

• Originally posted by BoggleOtaku View Post
                            Also I'm excited to have bested a word submitted by lalatan. A rare occurrence, whereas mine I'm sure are eaten for lunch.
                            Good find BoggleOtaku. STRATIGRAPH- was a new word for me (like so many recently). Typically I'd look it up after the game to see what else could be paired with it but I haven't been doing that for the last month. (Too many new words to find.) And, yes, I have enjoyed a number of best/longest word lunches you provided this month. In the past I didn't see your username on those records too often. I'm impressed with some of the long words you come up with while playing mainly for high score and most words (something I could never effectively do when I tried in my early years here). That seems to be a trend with speed players since the Great Wordtwist Stat Reset last month.
                            Last edited by lalatan; 03-27-2021, 04:00 PM.

Comment

• RECONVALESCENCE accepted, but not the plural.

Comment

• Originally posted by MegaWord View Post
                                RECONVALESCENCE accepted, but not the plural.
                                Added now, thanks!

Comment

Working...
                                X