No announcement yet.

New dictionary and new boards

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I was trying for most words in a month and did my personal best at a 2nd place when the great reset happened, and I decided to try a broader range of boards (fewer words) to try to find longer words for a change of pace. I'm assuming boards with really long words will have fewer total words, although the statistics away from the extreme by nonrandom creation of boards, and creation method may change over time. I've seen some discussion of this in the past and wonder what might be the average total words for a board with a 24 or 25 letter word.

Comment

• When I went for highest average points per word (I think I won every month for about a year, a while back, as bwt121346) I found that the best boards were ones with LOTS of words and with high average points per word (way over five, at least). Every once in a while, you'd get a board where it showed just one word longer than 8 letters and it would be WAY longer, but that's not the way to bet. On another note, I'm not feeling too good; last week, I got news that an old friend had died. Today, I found that another had; he introduced me and my wife and gave me a dime to call her and ask her out. I guess it's true; if you live long enough, you get the privilege of burying all your friends. This really hurts.

Comment

• My condolences to you, bwt.

Comment

• I look for boards that have at least two 9+ letter ultra-rare words. Maybe I should be more particular. (I actually keep track of that for boards I play. I should do a little data analysis on that & see what it tells me.)

bwt, I'm very sorry to hear about your friends. I'm getting up there somewhat, and losing more and more friends & family is one of the curses of getting older.

Comment

• I'm very sad to hear of your loss, bwt. I've lost two close friends in the last two months -- neither to COVID -- and both were younger than me. That's been a very sobering exprience :-/ It may get more common as we get older, but that doesn't make it any easier. Hugs to you and yours.

Comment

• "he introduced me and my wife and gave me a dime to call her and ask her out." That's awesome!

Comment

• DEMONETARIZATION accepted, but not MONETARIZATION.

Comment

• I'm sorry to hear about your friends BTW. What a sweet memory with the "dime". Sending prayers & well wishes.

Comment

• REAPPREHEND not accepted (is in some dictionaries)
                    ELECTROTHERAPEUTICALLY accepted but not & -IC and ICAL suffixes

Comment

• MONETARIZATION, MONETARIZATIONS, ELECTROTHERAPEUTIC and ELECTROTHERAPEUTICAL have been added. REAPPREHEND is not in CSW19, nor are any variants of it currently in use, so that will not be added.
                      If you enjoy our puzzles, please consider upgrading to a premium account to remove all ads and help support us financially. Thanks for your support!

Comment

• CRYSTALISATION and CRYSTALLISATION accepted. RECRYSTALISATION (albeit typed under time pressure) not accepted. I ran out of time to try RECRYSTALLISATION but assume it would be accepted (my bad).

Comment

• INFLAMMABLENESS accepted but not FLAMMABLENESS

Comment

• DESERTEDNESS and DESERTEDNESSES not accepted?

Comment

• I think ABLENESS and ABLENESSES were originally not accepted, then were after the new dictionary, then today I ran across a board where they were not accepted, then a board where they were...

Comment

• Another missing word: although FOVEATE is accepted, the singular present-tense FOVEATES is not.

Comment

Working...
                                X