No announcement yet.

New dictionary and new boards

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hmm, my dictionary says that FOVEATE is an adjective, not a verb.

Comment

• Originally posted by DonGuy47 View Post
      Hmm, my dictionary says that FOVEATE is an adjective, not a verb.
      It's also a verb: to direct one's eyes so that they are centered on an object. The fovea is the central part of the retina. I've used it as a verb in a published scientific paper.
      Last edited by DrPlacebo; 04-16-2021, 07:00 PM.

Comment

• Stephen, I'm not sure you still want to hear of problems on individual boards (w such a backlog of corrections awaiting you) but just in case: CHILDCENTREDNESSES (I didn't play the singular.) was accepted but CHILDCENTEREDNESS was not.

Comment

• DEPATHOLOGIZATION accepted but not PATHOLOGIZATION

Comment

• SUPERZEALOUSNESS(ES) and ZEALOUSNESS accepted but not ZEALOUSNESSES

Comment

• REMOISTURIZATION accepted, but not MOISTURIZATION

Comment

• HAEMACYTOMETRICALLY was accepted but not the alternate spelling, HEMACYTOMETRICALLY.

Comment

• Please keep posting missing words to this thread - I'm currently focused on a different project but will periodically check in to handle updates in batches.
                  If you enjoy our puzzles, please consider upgrading to a premium account to remove all ads and help support us financially. Thanks for your support!

Comment

• All forms of PALEO+ANTHROPOLOGIC+AL+LY work except ANTHROPOLOGIC

Comment

• SUPERDREADNOUGHT accepted. I tried SUPERDREADNOUGHTS twice but was rushed, so I think not accepted but am not sure.

Comment

• AGGRESSIVENESS and HYPERAGGRESSIVE both work, but HYPERAGGRESSIVENESS doesn't.

Comment

• I don't know if this will make the list, but MICROSPECTROGRAPHIC doesn't work while ULTRAMICROSPECTROGRAPHIC does.

Comment

• TOWNCRIER wasn't accepted.

Comment

• ORGANOGENICALLY, ORGANOGENICAL and ORGANOGENIC were not accepted.

Comment

• PHOSPHORYLATE and PHOSPHORYLATES weren't accepted.

Comment

Working...
                                X