All the names...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• All the names...

...with so many unplayed games these days. We don't otherwise see all the names of the people who play this game. It's been fun seeing them and it amazes me how many people play. Wish there was some way we could somehow acknowledge all the folks who play without getting the high scores.

I've been thinking the same thing, cyclewriter....not so much acknowledgement, but it has been fun seeing most of the names.

Comment

There's been some memorable ones over the years--some of my favorites include "Igor the Crazy Man", "Balls", "Bananakarennina", and for a while there was a "LeBronJames" on here..........makes you wonder if there are any celebrities or famous people who come here............

Comment

OhForHeavensSakeGoToBed!

Comment

FireflySeason[some large number]

Comment

IBNutz

Comment

I just have to say when I see TOO MANY CHEATERS, I purposely try to beat that person's score because the name is so annoying. It doesn't always work, but at least I try.

Comment

bionicflutist: I always try for the same reason and have happily succeeded many times.

Edit: After rereading bionicflutist's post this morning I realized she wrote "beat that person's score." As a long word player I don't try to beat anyone's score. I should have written that I always try to beat his longest/best word records.
                Last edited by lalatan; 04-21-2021, 12:49 PM.

Comment

This username made me laugh when I saw it today: accraute.

While I'm here I've wondered about this for a while: are jakartajane, javajane77 and Arabesque incarnations of the same person?

Comment

bionicflutist Hello, somewhat of a new player here, but I was wondering how you can decipher legit players from cheaters. I generally play 4X4 grids and some of the high scores I've seen are incredibly impressive. I don't feel anyone is cheating; the high scores just give me motivation to try harder.

Comment

Cheaters are easy to spot. They do things that are not just improbable, but flat impossible. A really good non-cheater can get more than 1,500 points and 300 words in a three-minute 5x5 game. That's typing 100 words per minute! Cheaters will get more than 4,000 points and more than 600 words (some, more than 800) words in 3 minutes. No human can do that. It's absurd. The really good players are just GOOD. They're about where a professional player would stand in relation to a good amateur. Someone like Megaword, or fasteddieb, or any of the other three or five excellent players are about twice as fast and twice as prolific as I am, and I consider myself a good player. If they're major league, I'm high A, maybe AA. To say it another way, I'm two or three levels below them. There are not as many cheaters now as there used to be. I haven't seen one in months. Chances are, if someone is way better than you it's because they're really that much better, not that they're cheating.

Comment

Originally posted by RussDNails View Post
                        There's been some memorable ones over the years--some of my favorites include "Igor the Crazy Man", "Balls", "Bananakarennina", and for a while there was a "LeBronJames" on here..........makes you wonder if there are any celebrities or famous people who come here............
                        My absolute favorite one is Mountainhorse. Always makes me happy to see that name and I always wonder about the story behind it.

Comment

Originally posted by bionicflutist View Post
                          I just have to say when I see TOO MANY CHEATERS, I purposely try to beat that person's score because the name is so annoying. It doesn't always work, but at least I try.
                          Originally posted by TOOMANYCHEATERS View Post
                          If you can come up with words like this, you probably have a program that finds the words for you:
                          OVERINTELLECTUALIZATIONS (24), COMPARTMENTALIZATIONS (21), PHOTOLITHOGRAPHICALLY (21), FUZZYHEADEDNESSES (17) PSYCHOPHARMACOLOGISTS (21), ELECTROENCEPHALOGRAPHIES (24)

In the 4x4 how about 265 words in 120 seconds, that is .4 seconds a word 265 times. BS.
                          In the 5x5 how about 305 words in 180 seconds, that is .59 seconds a word 305 times. BS.
                          bionicflutist: I checked the best words played list for the month today and got a laugh. It seems TOOMANYCHEATERS has also become a "cheater" himself. I thought I'd point this out since he never apologized nor did he change his username. It seems ironic to me.

BEST WORDS MARCH 2021.jpg
                          Last edited by lalatan; 03-31-2021, 04:56 PM.

Comment

justthewordsmaam

Comment

I too like to play boards where TOO MANY CHEATERS has one or more of the records, in hopes of removing it. The name is ridiculous enough, but the all caps makes it even worse.

Sadly, I'm not a significantly better player than TMC. Sometimes I've played the same boards in hopes of erasing the name, and have failed

Comment

Working...
                              X