Impossible word allowed?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Impossible word allowed?

Can anybody please explain to me how "thunderousnesses" is available in the board below.
    This was from a game I played (not logged-in, but I have the receipts (screen shots))
    on 2021-03-29 (Monday) late evening, where that longest word "thunderousnesses"
    had been credited to the venerable John13verse34 .
    n u d r o
    s n h e o
    a t r s u
    s y n e e
    n u r s s

Working backwards, there are 5 occurrences of "s" on the board, only one place where two are together.
    After I form "-nesses" (only one way), I see two "s"-es remaining, but neither can form "-ous", and neither
    adjoins the "n" in -nesses. Am I missing it? (Always a possibility).
    (It's still "no letter position can be used more than once...", right?)

Ok, ok... there are two ways to form "-nesses", but both ways use the same 6 letter-posiitons

Comment

Correct, that seems to have been a bug. It's fixed now, thanks!
      If you enjoy our puzzles, please consider upgrading to a premium account to remove all ads and help support us financially. Thanks for your support!

Comment

Originally posted by benko View Post
        where that longest word "thunderousnesses"
        had been credited to the venerable John13verse34 .
        Wow, I had no idea I'd made an impossible word! :-D I must have just typed the -nesses form out of habit without actually tracing it on the board.

Comment

If -NESS is there, I'll almost always try -NESSES too just in case it's there but I can't see the path. It works often enough to be worth it. No idea whether or not I've gotten impossible words.

Comment

Originally posted by Spike1007 View Post
            No idea whether or not I've gotten impossible words.
            You have. 2 that stick in my mind were PSYCHOTOMIMETICALLY and BALLISTOCARDIOGRAPHS.

Comment

Also somehow they (kittencaboodle, this time) got away with "obstreperousnesses" in this board:
              n t a e n
              e s s o s
              r o r s u
              c o e p t
              b s t r e

which I can find in the board, but only by re-using a couple of letter-positions.
              (So the question is: is this the same bug, and was it already fixed? (I don't think I can tell when the game was
              played where this was allowed... if it was before the announced bug-fix, this may be a non-report.))
              But still ... They can't keep getting away with this!!!
              (Not the player's fault, obviously...)
              And as always, I may be off my rocker

Comment

I love that "they" got away with it...I think it is a little bit funny. I also think that other "theys" keep receipts, is amusing too. In the case of kittencaboodle, I think that the name is sooo cute, "they" should probably be allowed to get away with most things. On those themes (cats and cute), Spike gets a leavepass as does lala (because of the cute story behind the name).

Totally off the topic of impossible words, there are many of you who have cats, it would seem. Sleep with one eye open.

Comment

It looks like I misapplied some of our recent additions to boards where they didn't belong - hence the occasional long word being found which shouldn't be allowed. I will have to run our entire library through again from scratch to weed these out. That will take a few weeks (currently finishing up another project), so enjoy these phantom words while they last. :-)
                  If you enjoy our puzzles, please consider upgrading to a premium account to remove all ads and help support us financially. Thanks for your support!

Comment

I don't know how to begin a post, so I'm tacking on to this one. I'm not sure how this can be fixed/addressed, but I come up with a word, type it in, it registers as I'm playing the game, and, then, when I get the results, it hasn't registered at all. So, I'm not getting points for words that I'm playing. Anyone have this problem?

Comment

Now (last night) we have:
                      h n i e a
                      g l a n m
                      e n e z e
                      r s s n l
                      s n s s e

which supposedly contains "meaninglessnesses", but I can only find it by re-using a letter.

Comment

Seen today:
                        i v r j h
                        e s s a t
                        k f e s i
                        y r r e v
                        o c p n e

... with credit given for "procreativenesses".
                        (I don't see it (unless I re-use a letter), as usual, but please show me how I missed it...)

Meanwhile, I (and other people, too, I think) have seen a couple of boards that
                        had "ablenesses", but it wasn't being accepted by the game.

Comment

Working...
                        X