Kudos to Folkslinger

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kudos to Folkslinger

for PUZZLEHEADEDNESS....isn't it ironic...don't you think? (sometimes I just see players coming up with the most entertaining words...)

I thought the same thing when I found it 2 years ago. I've had lots of laughs at some of the words I've uncovered over the years. (My current fave is DEREGULATIONIZATIONS from the latest batch of boards. I could hardly believe it when it was accepted.) As well as puzzleheadednesses, there are wrongheadednesses happening in Wordtwist players, like when we follow the wrong path of letters, miss the plural and wind up losing the record.

I've been curious so will ask you: why the username change? Should we address you on the forum as flops or the new one?

When I found this last month I thought of you. I don't think I'm exaggerating or even overexaggerating when I say you don't like the word.
    30 PTS OVEREXAGGERATED.jpg

Comment

Oh my! I nearly grounded Mim for saying "overexaggerating" yesterday. She pointed out that she turns 21 in 1 month and 2 days time, so maybe that's not a thing anymore. I pointed out that she had made her male parental unit so angry (bickering with her youger sister, Lala, about Cheeky and Skittle the Indian Ringneck Parrotts, that belong to their older moved out of home siblings) that he broke a plastic spatula that I have had since I was wed, and maybe that was more kidulting, than adulting. Apparently I was ~~~~exaggerting when I appreciated the humour of, but not the sentiment behind, Mimi arranging the pieces of the spatula on a sheet of paper, placing it on the refridgerator, under "Artist of the Week", naming the piece ""Anger", by Adam M." with the description, "This week we explored our emotions...well done Adam on your realistic portrayal of your feelings".

The name change was because I couldn't sign in under "flops" because one of the offspring "did something" to the pc, in life I am normally called Darling, Mum, or Flopsy, (one of Peter Rabbits sisters) but someone has already registered here under Flopsy, so I just go for variations of that. Flops is fine, Floppers is okay, Flopsy is very okay...I will answer to Darling, but please don't call me Mum.

My home is, and possibly always has been Deregulationizationed, and my coffee shop of choice is named "Never Regular" (the guy is, appart from being pleasantly hyeractive (too much coffee, maybe) of Serbian origin, and the name has nothing to do with ablutions, but is more descriptive of both the excellent coffee, and the proprietor).

I'm pleased that you know that flops and floppers are me, I wondered if my prolific use of commas, (and brackets), was a give away?

Comment

Lol flops!! Sounds like there are very few dull moments in your household.

Yes, I detected your unique style of prose under the "floppers" moniker. What happens to me occasionally (sometimes I'm the perpetrator) is I get what we call "spouse punked." I will be looking in vain for something in the fridge, I ask my wife about it when she gets home and she'll say, "I took it to work." Things like a jar of mayonnaise. Keeps life interesting (and not quite as easy)

Comment

I look, in vain, for the vegemite in the pantry, only to find it in the fridge, the "good" scissors in the garage, with the icing piping bags, the odd butter knife, and the funnell thingies I use in the kitchen (and they have often been used to decant fuel). The father of my offspring looks for things, like his Tax File Number, birth certificate, and other important documents, everywhere, except for the expanding file that has his name on it, with all of his important documents in the appropriate sections. I'm pretty sure that I am getting spouse punked.

Comment

This being written by folkslinger's wife. His hands still aren't working too well so if you see his name he's doing the best he can with his bad hands. He wanted me to thank floppers and all of the folks out there. This is a great group of people and we both enjoy reading the forum posts and playing the game.

We want to thank Admin for his game changes that have inspired folkslinger to try harder to get his hands to work. It is so fun getting all these records! (even when we know that they will be lost in the near future by some of you geniuses.)

While we are on the subject of geniuses, perhaps Lalatan, Spike or Mega could take pity and explain what the heck some of those new words mean, especially those like QUINQUAQUINQUAGINTILLIARD or `UNDECILLIONSEDECILLIARDTH?

Comment

I was glad to see that folkslinger managed to play quite a few games last month.
              Those new words are just extremely large numbers or extremely small fractions. I read an article that two people in 1940 decided on the names they would have.
              Last edited by lalatan; 04-11-2021, 10:11 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by floppers View Post
                I look, in vain, for the vegemite in the pantry, only to find it in the fridge, the "good" scissors in the garage, with the icing piping bags, the odd butter knife, and the funnell thingies I use in the kitchen (and they have often been used to decant fuel). The father of my offspring looks for things, like his Tax File Number, birth certificate, and other important documents, everywhere, except for the expanding file that has his name on it, with all of his important documents in the appropriate sections. I'm pretty sure that I am getting spouse punked.
                I could be wrong flopsy but maybe the reason we started playing Boggle was because we were searching for things all day anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by lalatan View Post

I could be wrong flopsy but maybe the reason we started playing Boggle was because we were searching for things all day anyway.
                  True story, and make of it what you will: My mother visited my younger brother and his wife and while they were out one evening my mother rearranged every item in their kitchen. Dishes, silverware, spices, crystal, flour, sugar, absolutely everything. When my sister-in-law DARED to complain about it, my mother's explanation was that "everything was in the wrong place". She wanted their thanks for putting it right. I think that tells you a lot about my family, perhaps too much. But if your parents aren't like that (or weren't), give thanks. Yes, my mother still lives and I and my younger brothers send her nice cards and call her and tell her (truthfully) that we love her. She won't remember any of it, anyway. But it means something to US.

Comment

Wow! Thanks for coming, Mom. My problems are small compared to your brother's troubles back when it happened.
                    Last edited by lalatan; 04-12-2021, 06:57 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by lalatan View Post

Very correct!

Btw, bwt, my mother (and father, but perhaps unknowingly), has ensured that I have not had to buy toilet paper, orange juice, vegemite, peanut butter, jam, honey, or donuts (apparently they ARE a staple), since 1990...she also purchases Cheeky, Skittle, Neptune (the friend eating fish), Mud, Moose, Flynn (her grandpuppy on my sisters side), Obi Wan and Mango (great grandpuppies) Easter, Christmas and Birthday gifts. Whilst Mother is OCD in her own home, and premarriage bookkeeper who can tell your her utilities expenses from every quarter since 1962, and provides the exact amount of money accounting for the difference between what she spent on my sister and my gifts from her in birthday and Christmas cards, Mother has never attempted to rearrange anything at my home. I think she admires the fluidity...I hope so anyway!

Comment

Your mother is admirable, and you can tell her so, floppers. And since you make reference to grandpuppies, I will refer you to youtube for Golden Retriever Salsa. I think my jaw fell to the floor about twenty seconds in. I have no idea how that was pulled off, and I know Goldens are smart but this is ridiculous. I couldn't dance that well. Let me see if I can post the exact link, to spare you the search time.

Comment

Here's the link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_vxqUuxHS5Y

Comment

Sure dances better than I do! Mud is wine and bbq trained, and can push the pedestrian light button (only if it is a "clicker" type), and will wait till the "fast" clicks. In a thunderstorm, he has thrice attended my childrens schools, for comfort I think. Jack was in an exam one of those times, he was allowed to bring Mud in and sit under his desk, because Muds sooky howls were distracting...Mud stayed in a 4th grade classroom for half the day with Lala, the kids coloured his white bits with neon highlighters.

Comment

Love the dancing dog!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X