Fewest Words?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fewest Words?

I just played a board that had the fewest total words (25) I've ever seen. If anyone runs across a board with fewer, I'd love to see it! :-)

You do not have permission to view this gallery.
    This gallery has 2 photos.

I recently posted a similar question - I saw a 5x5 board that had only 5 common words. Unfortunately I was mindlessly clicking through boards in search of very productive stats, so my finger clicked right past it before my brain had a chance to say "no wait, stop! I want to see that board!" But if I come across it again, I'm definitely stopping to take a look.

Comment

Originally posted by Arabesque View Post
      IUnfortunately I was mindlessly clicking through boards in search of very productive stats, so my finger clicked right past it before my brain had a chance to say "no wait, stop! I want to see that board!"
      I've probably missed many interesting boards for the same reason! :-) I saw another 4x4 recently that may have had the most total words I've seen (808), so now I've been on the lookout for boards with more.

Comment

I like the boards with very little words. The ones with like 808 words frustrate me, lol

Comment

Well, I ran across a board that had even fewer words than the 25 I posted before. This one had only 22!

22 words.png

Comment

Cool! I wish the site had more boards like that. They're the best for practicing word-knowing.

Comment

Wow! That board is crazy!

Comment

Originally posted by John13verse34 View Post
                Well, I ran across a board that had even fewer words than the 25 I posted before. This one had only 22!

22 words.png
                I am really curious about the content of this board. I hope I stumble across it! Did you play it?

Comment

Originally posted by sadied View Post

I am really curious about the content of this board. I hope I stumble across it! Did you play it?
                  No I didn't play it, I saw it here in the forum. Kipling did a pretty good job on it.

Comment

I play the Hasbro computer version of Boggle (always the 5x5), and with a randomly-generated layout, I sometimes see boards with very few words like that. (Then again, it probably uses a dictionary with fewer words.) Anyway, it just makes me think that this site does occasionally throw in some truly random boards.

Comment

I did play it and saved a screenshot for posterity. I found 18 of the 22 words, and the other 4 had been found by other players:

22 board.png

Comment

Originally posted by John13verse34 View Post

I did play it and saved a screenshot for posterity. I found 18 of the 22 words, and the other 4 had been found by other players:

22 board.png
                        Thank you for sharing!
                        Now I hope I *don't* stumble across the board as I'll be very tempted to play but will feel I've cheated by seeing it beforehand!

I agree with DonGuy47 , I wish there were more small boards like this.

Comment

Ran across a 5x5 board with only 26 words this morning:
                          5x5 26 words.png

Comment

Thank you for sharing!
                            Now I hope I *don't* stumble across the board as I'll be very tempted to play but will feel I've cheated by seeing it beforehand!
                            I don't think that's cheating. Currently in 5x5 boards, it doesn't seem very common to run across a board you've played recently - but statistically speaking, it's certainly possible. My sense is that it used to happen more often a few years ago - I think the total number of boards in play at any one time has increased.

Anyway, if you play a board, and then the same board pops up while you still remember some of the patterns you noted, that's not cheating. It's just playing a lot I don't think this is any different.

Comment

Originally posted by Arabesque View Post

I don't think that's cheating. Currently in 5x5 boards, it doesn't seem very common to run across a board you've played recently - but statistically speaking, it's certainly possible. My sense is that it used to happen more often a few years ago - I think the total number of boards in play at any one time has increased.

Anyway, if you play a board, and then the same board pops up while you still remember some of the patterns you noted, that's not cheating. It's just playing a lot I don't think this is any different.
                              Last year when I was playing lots of 4x4, I'd run into boards I'd played every few days. I knew I'd played them because my name was on it. But, having played it before provided absolutely no benefit. Sometimes, I'd end up scoring as much as a hundred points less, though I'd also score more other times. Completely random.

I suppose it might help with finding longest words somewhat, but I have a feeling it's like seeing a chessboard with endless possibilities. Everything's the same, everything's different.

Comment

Working...
                              X