kgator is a cheater...........

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• kgator is a cheater...........

This person has shown up before and been expunged by the admin. He/she/it is clearly posting humanly impossible scores on both the 4 x 4 and 5 x 5 grids...........

I've contacted the admin and politely asked that he again remove this person and their scores from the Wordtwist site........

kgator we see you and you are a cheat..........get lost!!!!

how has this person been allowed to continue play if expunged by the admin? the scores "it" has achieved since midnight are incredibly unrealistic. i'm a newb, please fill me in.

Comment

No idea how they got back on here but hoping it won't be long 'til the admin takes them out again! Likely a person who has written a program to find every single word on each board. I have no idea how they do it or even why? What's the point or fun in cheating the legit players out of their accomplishments? It's a shame it looks like some of the ill-gotten records they achieved the last time they were pulling this off did not get erased. I thought the admin had the ability to completely remove any of the crap they manage to pull off here.........enough legit players will hopefully call "it" out and get the admin's attention.............if they are allowed to persist any of the legitimately obtained records by the regular honest players here will be destroyed...........

Comment

You can email Admin directly. Stephen is very responsive.

Comment

Thanks. Stephen has removed this person before, not sure how they managed to sneak back in under the same user name...........I did in fact send him an email........

Comment

Originally posted by RussDNails View Post
            No idea how they got back on here but hoping it won't be long 'til the admin takes them out again! Likely a person who has written a program to find every single word on each board. I have no idea how they do it or even why? What's the point or fun in cheating the legit players out of their accomplishments? It's a shame it looks like some of the ill-gotten records they achieved the last time they were pulling this off did not get erased. I thought the admin had the ability to completely remove any of the crap they manage to pull off here.........enough legit players will hopefully call "it" out and get the admin's attention.............if they are allowed to persist any of the legitimately obtained records by the regular honest players here will be destroyed...........
            The bot cheater people are like the people who are about to back out of a primo parking space until they see someone is waiting for it, then they sit there and pretend they aren't ready to leave until the car waiting gives up and leaves.

They're anti-social and angry when it appears as though someone is having fun or getting ahead, so they do anything they can to make them angry, spoil their fun, spoil their success. They want everyone else to be as miserable as they are.

Comment

Finally stumbled on a puzzle "won" by kgator. Let's see... High Score: 3457 points by kgator Most Words: 537 words by kgator

I've only achieved over 700 a handful of times and am in awe of better players. But when I see this? Jeez.

You could be right that they are antisocial and angry when they see others succeeding or having fun.

But I also think many people like this just love winning and truly think they are brilliant for using this strategy. Their goal--the thing that gives them a rush of satisfaction--is beating everyone else, and they've found a way to do that. Moreover, I don't think they perceive their high score as somehow "less than" a high score achieved by a non-bot person who simply has, say, a great vocab/understanding of language, great strategy, excellent finger (or other) dexterity, and a good keyboard (or whatever). For bot cheaters, a high score by any means is still a high score. I guess it's one way of viewing the game.

Comment

I think the best way to combat this is to have the site check the score coming in. If it's clearly a cheater, log him or her off so that the score will not count for anything. If they were playing just to see if their program worked, there's no harm done. If they were trying to mess with everyone else, too bad. I have no idea whether this is a practical idea at all, because I don't know how this program works or how long it would take to perform such a check. But it would certainly be a fair way of swatting cheaters.

Comment

I want to go against RussDNails

Comment

if you don't no me my name is chassity and i'm a third grader

Comment

bye guys and see you some time.

Comment

Welcome, 1QueenBlackStar!
                        You are setting your sights on a noble goal.
                        Don't give up on us; you have to give us more than 3 minutes to respond!
                        You'd think with all the fast typists here...

Comment

Originally posted by 1QueenBlackStar View Post
                          I want to go against RussDNails
                          Yikes, now I have third-graders gunning for me

Welcome Chassidy, I hope you enjoy the game as much as I do and please go easy on me, I'm old!

Cheers,

Russ

Comment

Looks like Chassity doesn't know how to spell his/her own name.

Comment

Not sure--it looks like I may have misspelled her name.............she wrote "chassity" and I wrote "Chassidy"...........looks like some kid just playing around and not serious about participating here but my apologies to her if I am incorrect or did in fact spell her name wrong..........

Comment

Working...
                              X