Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No new games

I guys

I am noticing that a lot of games are quite saturated and wondering why I do not receive any new games. Is anyone else experiencing this? Have I missed something?

Thanks in advance

Cheers
    Karen

We suspended the scripts that refresh the boards to let the new games installed earlier this year season up a bit. The scripts are set to start up again on June 10th, at which time you'll start to see new boards available again, and heavily played boards will get retired again as they used to.
    If you enjoy our puzzles, please consider upgrading to a premium account to remove all ads and help support us financially. Thanks for your support!

Comment

Wow, I haven't seen *any* "saturated" (aka heavily played) boards since the reset. The most plays I've seen is like 25.

Comment

Oh: I play exclusively 4x4. Is 5x5 more popular?

Comment

ok, so what I meant by saturated is not necessarily the number of times it's been played, but to the point to which it doesn't make sense to play . . . maximum has been achieved . . . but anyway . . . thanks to admin for the update :-)

Comment

For 5x5, I think I've seen boards played 30+ times, but that's rare. Anyway, I'm curious about the criteria used for retiring boards. I know those played 50+ times were retired, and I vaguely remember something about those with all words having been found. Is there anything else?

Comment

Originally posted by admin View Post
              We suspended the scripts that refresh the boards to let the new games installed earlier this year season up a bit. The scripts are set to start up again on June 10th, at which time you'll start to see new boards available again, and heavily played boards will get retired again as they used to.
              I hope you leave up boards that were played only a few times and then someone scored 1000+ on them. I love to play those boards; they give me something to shoot for, and otherwise there are players I could never measure myself against. An aggressive script would remove pretty much every board fasteddieb, Megaword, Brisul, Estive, RussDNails, and others played as soon as they played it. Let it age out for 40 games or whatever, then send it back into play.

Comment

It would be nice to see some new boards. After the longest word is 7+ letters or the best word is 16+ points there's no way I could reach these thresholds, those players are much too good compared to me. So new boards would allow me to @ least be able to have the best score even if it was only for that one game.

Comment

Originally posted by Spike1007 View Post
                  For 5x5, I think I've seen boards played 30+ times, but that's rare. Anyway, I'm curious about the criteria used for retiring boards. I know those played 50+ times were retired, and I vaguely remember something about those with all words having been found. Is there anything else?
                  I didn't realize the 50+ games were retired! I get a kick out of that game where you try to find a new word on a 50+ board.

Comment

Originally posted by admin View Post
                    Yes! There are new boards! Thank you, O Wise and All-Powerful Admin!

Comment

Working...
                    X