Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Here we go again--gpt4 is a cheater..............

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Here we go again--gpt4 is a cheater..............

Looks like we have another bot acting up again...........posting 700+ words and scores near 5000 on 5 x 5 and 300+ words, scores over 2000 on 4 x 4.......

I'll ask the admin to expunge this idiot!

While they're fixing that problem, could someone look into the culprit who keeps adding words to the board that weren't there when I was playing!!!???

I'll finish a board. Go to look at the results. And Holy Smokes! There will be dozens of words right in front of me that I missed--but absolutedlinessessly could not have missed.

Simple words right in front of my face.

Words impossible to miss.

But missed.

By the dozens sometimes.

SOMEONE had to have added them! AFTERWORDS!

Literally.

AFTER...WORDS.

Words added after.

It's the only explanation!

Sob.

-edliness.

Comment

Originally posted by Naboka View Post
      While they're fixing that problem, could someone look into the culprit who keeps adding words to the board that weren't there when I was playing!!!???

I'll finish a board. Go to look at the results. And Holy Smokes! There will be dozens of words right in front of me that I missed--but absolutedlinessessly could not have missed.

Simple words right in front of my face.

Words impossible to miss.

But missed.

By the dozens sometimes.

SOMEONE had to have added them! AFTERWORDS!

Literally.

AFTER...WORDS.

Words added after.

It's the only explanation!

Sob.

-edliness.
      How is this possible? I know I miss words too, but only a couple . Isn't that irritating? Like why couldn't I have noticed that WHILE I WAS PLAYING?

I know one thing, now that there are more 5x5 games with lower record scores I'm able to play better @ those games. Is this some kind of mental illusion? In the past when I had no chance of getting near or beating the score, I could barely find any words @ all. Hmm ...

Comment

I'm barely an average player, but I'm baffled by 2cute's comment.

Are you saying that you found many of these new dozens of words as you played, yet the puzzle said they were invalid? And they became valid the moment you finished the puzzle? That a cheater added them to the dictionary in the three minutes you were playing? I thought the admin had control of the dictionary, not some bot.

Do you think you are entering the words but some computer glitch is foiling you? Because I would think you would notice certain words and enter them based on your habits and really notice thay were called invalid. Maybe just a temporary mental state where you are going so fast you think you've played something you haven't.

Just brainstorming. It's very confusing all around.
        Last edited by bocci; 08-13-2021, 09:14 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by bocci View Post

Are you saying that you found many of these new dozens of words as you played, yet the puzzle said they were invalid? And they became valid the moment you finished the puzzle? That a cheater added them to the dictionary in the three minutes you were playing? I thought the admin had control of the dictionary, not some bot.

Do you think you are entering the words but some computer glitch is foiling you? Because I would think you would notice certain words and enter them based on your habits and really notice thay were called invalid. Maybe just a temporary mental state where you are going so fast you think you've played something you haven't.

I suspect they were just being facetious

Comment

I was going for Occam's Square Peg.
            Last edited by bocci; 08-14-2021, 10:07 AM.

Comment

Just use Occam's razor to whittle that peg round.

Comment

Originally posted by bocci View Post

I'm baffled as well. Why do I play better when there's a chance to beat the score than when there's no chance? Prior to the 5x5 upgrade (again, thank you admin), I could chose a 5x5 puzzle & search for the entire 3 minutes & find maybe 10 words. Now since, I'm scoring higher finding plenty more than 10, its amazing! I used to play more 4x4 puzzles as its easier for me to find 3 letter words than 4 or more & there was a chance for me to contribute to the game either by adding new words others hadn't thought of or beating an established score. Now that's no longer true in 4x4, I'm lucky if I can find one game where I can be competitive. I've reversed and play more 5x5 games as like I've stated, an ability to get near or beat a score is a great possibility.

Comment

asdf is a cheater

Comment

Originally posted by dannyb View Post
                    asdf is a cheater
                    You don't think they can play 690 games in part of the day,

score 720,000 points doing it,

while averaging over a 1,000 points,

while setting 688 highest score records?

Allowing 15 seconds for turnover on each game, it would only take a bit under 26 hours to do 690 games.

Surely,

surely,

surely that's possible in an afternoon.

Comment

Originally posted by dannyb View Post
                      asdf is a cheater
                      It seems to me that the first two highest scores on the Average Score 4x4 competition are problematic (including the one you mentioned dannyb).
                      Last edited by Turbo2; 09-07-2021, 05:16 PM.

Comment

Bottymcbotface. At least "it" is honest about being a bot. As much as I loathe cheaters I did get a chuckle out of the name.

Comment

Bottymcbotface is a cheater, needs to be banned.
                          Last edited by bottymcbotface; 09-08-2021, 09:04 AM.

Comment

This local grocery store really needs to work on its alarm system. There's no reason why they should rely on Old Henry to clean up the mess every time I break in.

Comment

It would also be easy for others to not cheat, or whatever they think that it is that they are doing. It's just plain mean. Could anyone enlighten us a. why you would bother doing it, and b. whether you think you became a bad minded and hearted because of your genetics/upbringing/personal circumstances.

As for the site working on it's cheat detection, I would like to point out that a. it would be nice to think that we are evolving, therefore people would stop doing mindless, nasty things, and b. a lot of people who play here, play for free (affordability issues, payment method issues, whichever), I don't really think that the "site" (being good people), should have to throw money at a problem created by bad people.

Comment

Working...
                              X