After...word(s)...liness?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• After...word(s)...liness?

While they're fixing that problem, could someone look into the culprit who keeps adding words to the board that weren't there when I was playing!!!???

I'll finish a board. Go to look at the results. And Holy Smokes! There will be dozens of words right in front of me that I missed--but absolutedlinessessly could not have missed.

Simple words right in front of my face.

Words impossible to miss.

But missed.

By the dozens sometimes.

SOMEONE had to have added them! AFTERWORDS!

Literally.

AFTER...WORDS.

Words added after.

It's the only explanation!

Sob.

-edliness.

Like, I know...right. Thanks, Naboka!... Just thought this was so funny, it deserved its own thread.

and 2cute's response....

How is this possible? I know I miss words too, but only a couple . Isn't that irritating? Like why couldn't I have noticed that WHILE I WAS PLAYING?

I know one thing, now that there are more 5x5 games with lower record scores I'm able to play better @ those games. Is this some kind of mental illusion? In the past when I had no chance of getting near or beating the score, I could barely find any words @ all. Hmm ...

Comment

I too, suffer from Afterwordliness.

Comment

Originally posted by floppers View Post
        I too, suffer from Afterwordliness.
        I think we all do.

The word should be added to the Wordtwist dictionary.

Just this morning I missed "deepithelializes." !!!!!!!!!?

Truthfully, I just finished a game where I missed "ear" with its concomitant "earring" spilling from the jewel box. Right in the center of the board begging to be admired and caressed.

But, my attention was distracted by the bickering between my fingers and the old keyboard. Divorce is inevitable. I need a mistress.

Which begs the question: who gets the jewelry?

Comment

Originally posted by floppers View Post
          Like, I know...right. Thanks, Naboka!... Just thought this was so funny, it deserved its own thread.

and 2cute's response....

How is this possible? I know I miss words too, but only a couple . Isn't that irritating? Like why couldn't I have noticed that WHILE I WAS PLAYING?

I know one thing, now that there are more 5x5 games with lower record scores I'm able to play better @ those games. Is this some kind of mental illusion? In the past when I had no chance of getting near or beating the score, I could barely find any words @ all. Hmm ...

and

via Naboka
          Truthfully, I just finished a game where I missed "ear" with its concomitant "earring" spilling from the jewel box. Right in the center of the board begging to be admired and caressed.

But, my attention was distracted by the bickering between my fingers and the old keyboard. Divorce is inevitable. I need a mistress.

Ohhh, I was wondering what happened ... yes, it took me a long time to figure out how to create a new topic. Now I'm working on joining many messages into the same quote.

Comment

you really are 2cute....I often have a bout of Afterwordlinessitis (?) when I notice an "ability/ies", "ography/ies", or an "logic/gist"....and spend too much time trying to find the rest...why can't my fingers just type the words while I'm doing that?

At least, I have received the benefit or Noboka bringing up the image of an afterword begging to be admired and caressed, for me it's a double bonus...because my ears are my best feature....

Comment

Working...
            X