The madness of it all

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Naboka View Post

To parry is less to evade and more to redirect an attack to create an opening for a counter attack.
    Okay, thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by floppers View Post
      Does anyone, at all, play Wordtwist in their head? Like, a perfect board, and your brain gives you all the letters you want? (Maybe when you are in the shower, or going for a walk, or...). Anyone?
      I guess no one does but me, then. I do it sometimes just before I sleep or when I first wake up in the morning and don't really want to get out of bed. I can find tons of words, but of course I can't also keep score or keep time. Speaking of which, I'd really enjoy it if there were a version of WordTwist that wasn't timed. We now have 4x4 and 5x5 boards. How about each of them with no time limit? Or a limit that just says "you can keep playing as long as you like, but you have to find one new valid word within, say, five seconds"? Or ten seconds, or three seconds, or whatever. Some games would run out in a minute, and others might go for ten minutes, but I can't see anyone going that long. I mean, Megaword already gets more than 300 words in 3 minutes, but I don't think he'd get more than 500 words or so in ten minutes. I could be wrong, but I imagine there'd be a point of diminishing returns. For a player like me, I think two things would happen: My maximum score would go up drastically, and the difference between my average score and my maximum score would also go up drastically. But I think it would be a more interesting game and would attract more players, because most people will simply never be able to type even 60 wpm. I used to, but I can't do it any more, and probably never will again. But "find a new word within five seconds, or ten seconds or the game ends" makes the game a test of word-finding ability more than typing skill and would attract more players, imho.

Comment

Working...
      X