Uvulopalatopharyngoplasty

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Uvulopalatopharyngoplasty

Congrats to lalatan for finding the word UVULOPALATOPHARYNGOPLASTY. Not only is it a great Wordtwist word, it's a surgery that I've had! I never expected to run across it here :-D

Wow! What a great title!

Absolutely, if anyone would find such a complicated S-U-P-E-R-L-O-N-G word it would be him.

Eeek, that sounds painful. Hope you have recovered & are experiencing better sleep.

Comment

My cousin had that, and he snores for the first minute, then it stops...it hasn't helped with him forming a relationship, which is why he did it....but then the silver lining is that there is now one example where he hasn't always been right

I hope that it worked for you, and that you keep John13verse34ing.

Comment

I keep thinking I cannot be surprised by another word that someone (lalatan, I'm lookin' at you) finds, but I am rather a bit stunned by this one. This is why I don't go near the 5x5 boards: possible urticaria.

John13verse34, I hope the uvulopalatopharyngoplasty was helpful to you. My longest-named surgery was a bilateral turbinate reduction. Which is sort of like the UVULOPALATOPHARYNGOPLASTY, but to the north a bit.

Comment

Originally posted by John13verse34 View Post
          Congrats to lalatan for finding the word UVULOPALATOPHARYNGOPLASTY. Not only is it a great Wordtwist word, it's a surgery that I've had! I never expected to run across it here :-D
          Thanks John13:34. I first set that record on April 29. Since then I've played it twice more. (I always play a game that has a best word pt value >= 46. It feels like a privilege to do so since we were trapped under the 45 pt ceiling for years. Plus it improves my avg pts/word and reinforces my memory of the word.) Of the 25 letter words I learned it was 1 of the easiest because I knew what each of the 4 sections of the word meant; it was just a matter of remembering the order. The first time I found it didn't take long; I spotted uvulo- and then started looking for it. Those numeric words were another matter altogether. It took me about a month to be comfortable in recalling the plethora of prefixes and combo forms in them. Now I'm always stoked when I have a chance to play one.

That's cool you knew what it meant and actually had the procedure done. You're the first person I know of who's had it done. I've watched your progress as a long word player since the start of the year and you have developed a lot so congrats on that!

Last month I looked at the Feb-Aug 5x5 longest words played lists. There have been only 11 unique 25 ltr words found since the new boards were issued. I set records with 6 of them and I found the other 5 where other users held the other 5 records (only 3 are non-numerical). According to Stephen, there are 23 unique 25 ltr words in games. I wonder why nobody seems to have seen the other 12 after 7 months. Have they been on boards and we haven't spotted them? Or are they not being sent out yet? Just rhetorical questions but I'm curious why more haven't shown up.

Anyway, enjoy the hunt....
          Last edited by lalatan; 09-15-2021, 12:35 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by currerbell View Post
            I keep thinking I cannot be surprised by another word that someone (lalatan, I'm lookin' at you) finds, but I am rather a bit stunned by this one. This is why I don't go near the 5x5 boards: possible urticaria.
            Lol, I am fortunate that I've been urticaria free for the 4 years I've been a long word player. I'm surprised by some of the words I find too (most recently ABSORPTIOMETERS). If I don't find a word I know, I start making one up and am sometimes successful. (Other players have done the same.) Sometimes I come up with something outlandish, am full of anticipation when I hit the enter key and my hopes are dashed. Nevertheless I enjoy the thrill of the hunt.

Comment

Working...
            X