20 games don't lie

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 20 games don't lie

I've noticed, that regardless of a boards stats, if the board was played 20 or more times an there is a "surprising" lowish top score or a lowish most words that it is for a reason. That board is beyond many of us.

Know that exact feeling.

Always interesting how much info you can glean from "this puzzle's stats." But how do you quantify and establish guidelines with that info?

When I'm watching my wife play, I tell her what to expect after glancing at the stats on the game she's about to play. "How'd you know that?" she asks. I try to explain, but...

Sometimes, I'll see a very productive player with few words and points. Red flag. Even if the board had only been played once.

Some of the recent boards offer provocatively high numbers of possible words--but finding them?

Or a top player manages 125 words but scores 401 points. That's going to be a struggle to get a score that helps your average. Too many 3 point words.

Then again, some boards seem to have very few words, but a player manages to get over 500 points with 89 words. Green flag! If you can't type fast, finding games with high points per word gives you a better chance of getting a higher score.

One commonality of boards with high possibilities and low results seems to be the lack of the letter "s." No "s" quickly reduces point accumulation. If I open a board with no "s" I'll just browse through it, intending to dump it after I've found anything interesting.

Off to the hospital. Wish me luck.

Comment

Originally posted by Naboka View Post
      Best wishes to you, Naboka.

Comment

Good Luck Naboka.

I agree, s, ed, ing, er & ness really help increase the scoring for a puzzle. I have a limited vocabulary (hence why I am here) and I have trouble finding words in puzzles. Some puzzles are so hard. I've gotten as few as 18 before and that's including the 3 letter ones too. And no, I'm not looking for the S-U-P-E-R-L-O-N-G words either. I think the newly added games are harder than the ones refreshed earlier this year. Course now that's my opinion w/my limited vocabulary. It may seem no different to someone like Megaword that has an incredible vocabulary.

Comment

Originally posted by Naboka View Post

You certainly have all my very best wishes. Be well soon!

Comment

Working...
          X