Wordtwist on steroids--or something to that effect

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by RussDNails View Post
    Just out of curiosity, why did you decide I’m the chosen one???
    My guess:

iu.jpeg

Comment

Your achievements are amazing! Congrats!

Comment

Thanks for the kind words Naboka and 2cute............neat image too Naboka!

Comment

I look away....and you kids!!! sigh....performance enhancing substances, performance unenhancing substances, surreal hallucinations....can't leave you guy alone for five minutes!!! thanks for the laughs

Comment

Originally posted by floppers View Post
            I look away....and you kids!!! sigh....performance enhancing substances, performance unenhancing substances, surreal hallucinations....can't leave you guy alone for five minutes!!! thanks for the laughs
            A perhaps not unexpected turn of events.

Considering

Screen Shot 2021-09-30 at 7.04.26 AM.png

Every play must cast it's characters.

Comment

Really early on, I decided of all the good players here I should pick one and try to become as good as they were. I could have picked anyone, but your screen name reminded me of a horror movie I'd seen once and so I picked you to emulate. So, after all these years (about eight now) I'm still not as good as you. But I'm still trying.

Comment

Cool. I was curious to see your response because I believe when I started here you accused me of cheating? I was a little taken aback because I wouldn’t know how to cheat if I wanted too and was working really hard to get better……as my scores improved I think what was happening was my boards were being retired more often and your implication was that “why don’t I ever come across this guy’s boards if he plays so much?”

Comment

Cool. I was curious to see your response because I believe when I started here you accused me of cheating? I was a little taken aback because I wouldn’t know how to cheat if I wanted too and was working really hard to get better……as my scores improved I think what was happening was my boards were being retired more often and your implication was that “why don’t I ever come across this guy’s boards if he plays so much?”
                  I honestly can't ever remember doing anything like that, but I won't say you're wrong -- because I simply don't remember it. And now, with all the older posts being lost forever, we'll never know.

Comment

I do remember........I felt a little offended at the time but it's water under the bridge now. Keep striving and I'll keep trying to keep you at bay

Comment

Originally posted by bwt1213 View Post

Really early on, I decided of all the good players here I should pick one and try to become as good as they were. I could have picked anyone, but your screen name reminded me of a horror movie I'd seen once and so I picked you to emulate. So, after all these years (about eight now) I'm still not as good as you. But I'm still trying.
                      Horror movie? I don't know why, his name reminds me of a tool box. I always thought it was a clever one.

I do remember........I felt a little offended at the time but it's water under the bridge now. Keep striving and I'll keep trying to keep you at bay
                      Is your name even Russ? Or Russell?

I chose my name because I just love creatures(except maybe lots of insects & not a fan of snakes). I never get enough enjoying their cuteness.

Comment

Yeah, I’m not sure what horror movie he has in mind either…….

My full name is in fact Russell. When I was a kid my family and friends called me Rusty………once I “grew up” (still not sure if I’m there yet) I decided it sounded dorky and asked people to start calling me Russ.

My last name starts with D and a former girlfriend starting calling me RussDNails—it just kind of stuck and I thought it made a good screen name…….probably tmi but u asked

Comment

The horror movie was nothing special. High school kids terrorized by a killer who apparently resided in a junkyard and couldn't be killed. You thought you killed him? Nope, he kept coming back. It was Michael Myers except in a junkyard instead of a lake. Cops didn't believe the kids who told them what was going on. I mean, every trope that could be troped was troped. And Russ? I'll bet you're right and I dissed you. I apologize. No, I don't remember doing it. It doesn't matter if I remember. It matters that I apologize.

Comment

And of course I accept................didn't mean to stir the pot but you actually scared me back then! I was a newbie and you were and are one of the stronger/well respected players here so I thought I might get kicked out for cheating............it's always been in the back of my mind to mention it and you posting that you had me as your "target" seemed like a good time.

I just hope it wasn't the junkyard killer that triggered your association with my name BTW, Halloween Kills trailers are out and Michael Myers has now survived being shot, stabbed, incinerated, blown up, run over by cars, etc. He'll be 75 years old and staggering around with a bloody cleaver soon........never been much of a horror fan but man that first Halloween movie in the 70s gave me nightmares--the whole franchise is now a complete joke........

Cheers,

Russ
                            Last edited by RussDNails; 10-01-2021, 02:35 AM.

Comment

I think I accused a couple of people of cheating when I first joined, because of scores I deemed unattainable. I was disabused of that notion pretty quickly, though, after I learned to recognise the difference between unusually good players and actual cheaters.
                              If I ever accused anyone directly, I apologise as well. (Although I think my accusations were more general passive-aggressive griping rather than naming names, but I can't be sure.)
                              I'm still in awe of all of you. After all my years of playing, I'm still only a bit above average, nowhere near the top of the scoreboards. Which is why I was gratified that one of my records was still standing after 12 plays, to be beaten by a top-notch player on steroids.

Comment

Originally posted by crazykate View Post
                                I think I accused a couple of people of cheating when I first joined, because of scores I deemed unattainable. I was disabused of that notion pretty quickly, though, after I learned to recognise the difference between unusually good players and actual cheaters.
                                If I ever accused anyone directly, I apologise as w ell. (Although I think my accusations were more general passive-aggressive griping rather than naming names, but I can't be sure.)
                                Kate, as I recall it you didn't name any names and it was general griping. I remember thinking, "She'll find out soon enough that the top players are legit and not cheating." I'm sure every player who was the star Boggler amongst family and friends thought that when they started playing here.

Naboka, sort of a coincidence that this morning while reading a list of words ending in -tropic I was curious what nootropic meant because of the weird prefix. Its Wikipedia definition is: (colloquial: smart drugs and cognitive enhancers) are drugs, supplements, and other substances that are claimed to improve cognitive function, particularly executive functions, memory, creativity, or motivation, in healthy individuals. It doesn't apply to your particular situation but it does make wonder if they have drug/doping tests at the world Scrabble championships.

Comment

Working...
                                X