No announcement yet.

Wordtwist on steroids--or something to that effect

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nootropic. Great word. Looked it up after your post.

Creatine and caffeine are on the list.

Unfortunately, whatever was causing the sudden surge of ability has left the house.

Yesterday and today have been disasters. My eyes couldn't detect the words... my brain couldn't process whatever the eyes saw... my fingers couldn't find the right keys.

I dumped about 20 games in a row because they were soooooo bad. I didn't even feel like playing today.

But, failure and adversity test your resolve, they never in and of themselves defeat you. Mistakes and failures give you opportunities to learn.

Tomorrow, things will improve.

I've noticed that my play often rides a rollercoaster of terrifying heights and drops. Just when you think you're at the top of the world, swoosh! You're plunging!

For me, to play well, demands such a fine line of focused processing that even the slightest mental wobble will throw the car off the track. When it works, it's exhilarating. When not...

High point accumulation in Wordtwist require the ability to read quickly, to type quickly, and to recognize anagrams and patterns. I'm a slooooooooow reader, a mediocre typist and a feeble anagramist.

Sort of limits performance. Even with performance enhancers.

Which have proven to be coincidental rather than causal.

Maybe, I was simply high on having discovered I wouldn't need any of the 3 threatened surgeries I was potentially facing.

At least for now.

Comment

Originally posted by RussDNails View Post
      Yeah, I’m not sure what horror movie he has in mind either…….

My full name is in fact Russell. When I was a kid my family and friends called me Rusty………once I “grew up” (still not sure if I’m there yet) I decided it sounded dorky and asked people to start calling me Russ.

My last name starts with D and a former girlfriend starting calling me RussDNails—it just kind of stuck and I thought it made a good screen name…….probably tmi but u asked
      No, not too much. Thanks for sharing!

There used to be a show I liked 'Grace Under Fire' and the pharmacist friend of hers (Grace) was named Russell & his dad called him Rusty.

Comment

So I looked it up and still can't find any references to the horror movie (yeah, it wasn't very good, but still). I did discover that there was a clown named Rusty Nails, and that he was the inspiration for the Simpson's "Krusty the Clown". I don't know if that's a good thing or not.

Further memories of the horror movie: The Rusty Nails character DID have a toolbox with the name "Rusty" on it. In the movie, he was a hitchhiker (I told you, every trope that could be troped, and I wasn't kidding). The bad guy was supposedly sent through a car crusher -- or WAS he? The more I remember about the movie, the more it seems that it should have been on the rotten tomatoes list, because it was the perfect self-parody. But the name itself was pretty memorable, so I remembered it.

Comment

Dude, you're on thin ice! First I'm a cheater, then a horror movie character and now a clown

I hate to see what you come up with next

Comment

Originally posted by RussDNails View Post
            Just out of curiosity, why did you decide I’m the chosen one???
            Maybe its your wall of records? ... You're a pretty fantastic WordTwister.

This is just my speculation ... bwt1213 is still thinking ...

Comment

There comes a point, when you've dug yourself into a hole, to just stop digging.

Comment

Unfortunately, the pandemic harmed people's health. First, a sedentary lifestyle affects the functioning of the musculoskeletal system and internal organs. If a person does not move enough, the whole body slows down, and unpleasant diseases appear. Secondly, people's eyesight deteriorates because they spend a lot of time on the Internet. Many people work remotely and stare at the screen all day long. After switching to online work, I bought computer glasses that protect my eyes. I also started taking supplements to keep my eyes healthy from the inside. I think you know about marigold extract for eyes and how it affects vision. Lutein has an antioxidant and protective effect, which promotes vision regeneration. That's why I include it in the list of medications I take.
                Last edited by Verting; 03-18-2022, 09:47 AM.

Comment

daniilvegas;n30725]Oh yeah, man, I know what you mean. I, too, spent the entire lockdown period at home and didn't even go outside of it. All my food was brought to me at home. I didn't even go to the supermarket on the weekends. So my body became a huge, lanky potato with no nice abs or normal arms. I deflated like a balloon. I started buying purerawz.co to make my workouts more effective than my friends. They, like me, started coming to the gym when everyone in town was allowed to gather in large groups and go to cafes and gyms. And all my friends began to work hard to regain their handsome bodies. I thought I couldn't keep up with them, so I helped myself with anabolics. And it worked.[/QUOTE]

I took steroids after recovering from COVID & WOW the amount of energy they gave me was incredible, I wanted to take them when I was well. My doctor refused to RX them to me because he said they make your bones weaker over time & they'll have bad side effects, that's why they were only RXed for the short period of time while I was in recovery.

I looked at your link & those 'supplements' have steroids & adrenaline that are supposedly 'verified by third parties' whatever that means, who are the 'third parties'?, it isn't providing. So I'm glad it made you feel less like a potato, but you should check w/your health provider to make sure it doesn't effect you in any unforeseen ways.

Comment

Steroids can cause mood swings, high blood pressure, glaucoma, cataracts, osteoporosis, increased susceptibility to infections, increased blood sugar, and other major problems. USP is a reputable testing & reporting entity. If a company doesn't tell you who is doing their "third-party verification" don't buy from them. Many supplements contain heavy metals and other contaminants. Or they can have toxic levels of necessary vitamins & minerals. Too much of a good thing can kill you.

Comment

Originally posted by JedMedGrey View Post
                      Steroids can cause mood swings, high blood pressure, glaucoma, cataracts, osteoporosis, increased susceptibility to infections, increased blood sugar, and other major problems. USP is a reputable testing & reporting entity. If a company doesn't tell you who is doing their "third-party verification" don't buy from them. Many supplements contain heavy metals and other contaminants. Or they can have toxic levels of necessary vitamins & minerals. Too much of a good thing can kill you.
                      I took prescribed steroids for lower back pain. Turned out I had an infection, not a bad disk. The steroids depressed my immune system and I developed sepsis, which nearly killed me.

Comment

Working...
                      X