Fun board........

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fun board........

I've mentioned this before and came across this board again tonight...........it contains DOOB, DOOBS, DOOBIE and DOOBIES...........I always feel a little hungry after playing this one

wordtwist doobie boards.jpg

Also a good board for a relatively high score, I had 800+........again, sorry for the crappy image. Someone tried to teach me a way to post a better picture but I can't find the thread........
    Last edited by RussDNails; 10-03-2021, 03:00 AM.

eatin' peanut butter of a spoon....

Comment

...............and french fries dipped in mayonnaise..........surprisingly tasty............

Comment

It's got a SLEW of SWEETS in there to help with those cravings
        but also curiously, SOBRIETIES

Comment

I just played a board with HASHEESH on it...

Comment

Originally posted by sadied View Post
            It's got a SLEW of SWEETS in there to help with those cravings
            but also curiously, SOBRIETIES
            Sorbet/s continue the sweet theme or we could switch to some brie to make this a fun cheese board.

Comment

Originally posted by RussDNails View Post
              ...............and french fries dipped in mayonnaise..........surprisingly tasty............
              I wouldn't do it. But I know for a fact that the Hispanic community here thinks that mayonnaise is a perfect thing to apply to sweet corn on the cob. I wouldn't do that, either. And my brother liked to put ketchup on his ice cream. De gustibus non disputandum est.

Comment

I've done it. Not kidding either It's good, you should do it some time.

Fries dipped in a Wendy's Frosty works pretty well too; chocolate, salt and fried potatoes, what's not to love?

Comment

Originally posted by RussDNails View Post
                  I've done it. Not kidding either It's good, you should do it some time.

Fries dipped in a Wendy's Frosty works pretty well too; chocolate, salt and fried potatoes, what's not to love?
                  Chocolate. Really, it's all a matter of taste -- and names. My wife liked (I won't even attempt the Cyrillic alphabet; I can pronounce it but I can't find the characters and I'd probably misspell it) something phonetically spelled Chunina. It's Ukranian. The description is "duck gravy with brown sugar and raisins". It is a dessert. The more accurate translation is "duck's blood soup". But really, it IS gravy, and it's sweet. I think a lot of things taste good because you grew up with them. Like lutefisk. Or anchovies. Or (fill in the blank). And some things are really good for pretty much anyone. I used to give my girls honey-butter toast for breakfast, because I'm a dad and kids like that stuff. It's toast with butter on if right from the toaster so the butter melts nicely, and then you drizzle honey over the top. And shake a little cinnamon on it, please. "Dad, you're the best cook ever!" My wife was not amused.

Comment

My grandpa used to use ketchup as salad dressing and it freaked me out as a kid, now I can't eat ketchup on anything!

Comment

Originally posted by bwt1213 View Post

I think a lot of things taste good because you grew up with them. Like lutefisk. Or anchovies. Or (fill in the blank). And some things are really good for pretty much anyone. I used to give my girls honey-butter toast for breakfast, because I'm a dad and kids like that stuff. It's toast with butter on if right from the toaster so the butter melts nicely, and then you drizzle honey over the top. And shake a little cinnamon on it, please. "Dad, you're the best cook ever!" My wife was not amused.
                      That sounds good. I'd replace the honey w/agave (I'm not a fan of honey), yet that sounds like an easy dessert.

I grew up with something similar. Italian bread, margarine (or butter), cinnamon & sugar. All these ingredients would be added before it was put in the oven & then it would come out all ooey, gooey & sweet. Yum! Of course we ate it for breakfast instead of sugary cereal. My family weren't cereal consumers, unless it was Raisin Bran or Shredded Wheat, both of which I didn't like. I have it every so often as a dessert for breakfast.

Comment

Working...
                      X