Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Antifundamentalistically............

Nice lalatan

Thanks Russ! Playing yesterday was a lot of fun; the gray matter was firing on all cylinders and I was offered a lot of good games. After I submitted the game I saw that the previous record holder found FUNDAMENTALS. She happened to be a part-time long word player so I thought, "No, no, that's too boring; you have to look for something snazzier." lol, the things that go on in my head sometimes... I can't take credit for pioneering that word though. I first got it after playing a board where someone else had the 46 pt best word record.

I think I did pioneer OTORHINOLARYNGOLOGICALLY yesterday (ThunderRock introduced the word to me maybe 3 yrs ago by finding OTORHINOLARYNGOLOGIST). I saw -laryngo- in the lower left corner, then spotted-rhino- in the middle, found the word, typed it in. I looked at the timer and had 2:34 left on it. I wish all days could be like that one... But then, don't we all?

I had a look at the 5x5 Hall of Fame last week and saw that you are SO close to overtaking scheffek for the #1 spot in the lifetime pts category. You've been more efficient (less games played) than him in getting there as well. That is an absolutely brilliant achievement. Well done!!
    Last edited by lalatan; 10-08-2021, 06:10 PM.

Comment

Hey Lalatan,

After all these years you never fail to impress! I happened to be online early this morning when I saw ANTIFUNDAMENTALISTICALLY show up as one of your finds. Certain words just really pop and this is one of them. Just when you think you’ve seen it all you come up with a real winner.

Thanks for the praise on my 5 x 5 endeavors. I’m spending way too much time here and the siren song of my Netflix queue is growing stronger every day

Seriously, Scheffek is a really strong player and he/she has upped their game so he/she won’t be making this easy. (No disrespect meant but I don’t know if Scheffek is a man or woman.)

I’m not much to toot my own horn so getting to second place in less games doesn’t mean much to me but I am a little stoked that I’ve gotten close in spite of the fact Scheffek had a seven year head start on me……..

Welp, real life calls, time to head out for groceries (in a rainstorm!) I hate shopping in the rain

Cheers,

Russ

Comment

what game is this?

Comment

Originally posted by RussDNails View Post
          Hey Lalatan,

After all these years you never fail to impress! I happened to be online early this morning when I saw ANTIFUNDAMENTALISTICALLY show up as one of your finds. Certain words just really pop and this is one of them. Just when you think you’ve seen it all you come up with a real winner.

Thanks for the praise on my 5 x 5 endeavors. I’m spending way too much time here and the siren song of my Netflix queue is growing stronger every day

Seriously, Scheffek is a really strong player and he/she has upped their game so he/she won’t be making this easy. (No disrespect meant but I don’t know if Scheffek is a man or woman.)

I’m not much to toot my own horn so getting to second place in less games doesn’t mean much to me but I am a little stoked that I’ve gotten close in spite of the fact Scheffek had a seven year head start on me……..

Welp, real life calls, time to head out for groceries (in a rainstorm!) I hate shopping in the rain

Cheers,

Russ
          I'm amazed you found all those letters in one puzzle! That's incredible! You don't need to feel inferior to this Scheffek, you've achieved plenty records yourself.
          Conrats!

BTW; I'm not a fan of grocery shopping in the rain either, all your products get wet & you can't use an umbrella.

Comment

Originally posted by rainbowgardener View Post
            what game is this?
            You are witnessing 2 of the best WORDTWIST players discussing their goals & achievements. I'm just window shopping myself.

Comment

Yikes, today I knew what the word was, looked at the countdown timer and saw it change from 2:58 to 2:57. Definitely my fastest time ever for spotting a 24 letter word. Don't know how that works but I do know it's easier to spot words for which I previously set the records. Practice always pays off eventually...
              Last edited by lalatan; 11-19-2021, 06:58 PM.

Comment

Working...
              X