word twist often doesn't work

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• word twist often doesn't work

It seems like more of the time than not, when I finish a word twist puzzle, it says submitting.. then the little wheel goes around and around and around and finally it says service not available. This has happened various times of day. It's quite irritating.

You have internet problems. My wife has the same kind of thing, just not on WordTwist. She'll be on Facebook or in her Email or doing anything else, and suddenly there is no internet. If she checks her computer, it says "no internet". If she reconnects, no problem. Until the next time, which could be two minutes later or the next day. It seems to happen at random. There are two obvious solutions. First, move closer to your wifi. Second, get a wifi repeater or amplifier. If you're not using wifi, get a different internet provider, because your current one is no good.

Comment

There's the reasons bwt1213 stated AND also others.

Its possible you're not using the latest software for your hardware. If your software isn't up-to-date, you'll having lots of problems with 'hanging' (this is the term for the wheel that goes round and around for it seems like forever). The main reason is that your computer system isn't compatible with the current software for the site whatever it is. Some sites don't upgrade their software very often then you don't have as many problems with those sites. For sites that upgrade often and your software is the older version it doesn't mesh.

Another possibility is there's many people using your internet providers 'bandwidth' @ the same time and then your internet speed is very slow. So the speed of your bandwidth isn't compatible with the speed of the site you're visiting. Try to access this site late @ night when other people are sleeping & see if you're having the same problem. If so, then this isn't your problem.

I've found that this site's software isn't as demanding as so many other game sites. You may want to try another site & see if you're having the same problem. Its likely for the faster more up-to-date sites your games won't work @ all & you'll either get a black screen or it'll load then nothing happens. Again, its a compatibility issue.

Comment

I don't have internet problems, because this doesn't happen on anything else I am doing on the internet, FB or email or anything else. It doesn't even happen on other games here, eg Logic Puzzles. My computer is sitting right next to the wifi AND we have an amplifier for downstairs.

Comment

But thanks for the responses!

Comment

so, it's tomorrow here (maybe, depending on where you are)....what exactly isn't happening? (ie. games don't load? timer doesn't work? ummm....), sorry for the delay in any response, I have uni students here and have been polishing essays...

Comment

I had another thought, have you tried accessing this site from another browser, just to see if you have the same problem? Sometimes that may work.

Or, you could ask admin for some help, maybe they would have useful suggestions.

Comment

What happens is that the game works fine and I play it through. Then when the time runs out, it shows submitting... at the top. When it works right, that just stays there for a second or two and then your results come up. When it doesn't work, it just stays stuck on the submitting screen. Up at the tab on the top of the page there is a little wheel going round and round. If I wait long enough, eventually (after a couple minutes or so) the page disappears and a 503 error, service not available appears. No I haven't tried from another browser, that's a good idea. I was just checking to see if other people were having an issue like this. Thanks for the help.

Comment

Is it possible that the problem you are seeing is related to an Ad blocker?

Comment

Working...
                  X