Birthday!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Birthday!

Today is my birthday (75th). Anyone else have a birthday today?

I surely do not, but happy birthday to you! Congrats on 75 years! Woo-hoo!

Comment

Birthday dog.jpg

Comment

Originally posted by bwt1213 View Post
        For he's a jolly good fellow, for he's a jolly good fellow, for he's a jolly good fellow, and he knows all the words!

Comment

Happy Birthday! It's not my birthday today, but I have one every year. Hope it's a goodun!

Comment

Happy belated 75th!! Stay smart.

Comment

No, not today, but I turned 75 last April. Come on in... the water's fine.

Comment

Just found this thread. Happy belated big 75th! Hope it was fun!!!

Originally posted by floppers View Post
                Happy Birthday! It's not my birthday today, but I have one every year. Hope it's a goodun!
                LOL Me too ... ​​​​​​​

Comment

Happy belated birthday!

Comment

Yes, this year was the 76th. But you have to consider how it all started: 1946, on Friday the 13th of December, in Ishpeming, during a snowstorm, a half-hour before midnight. How could that possibly be improved on? Yes, I know every one of you can tell me how yours at least matched that. Well, Happy Birthday to you all, then! (Even if today is your unbirthday.)

Comment

Yes, this year was the 76th. But you have to consider how it all started: 1946, on Friday the 13th of December, in Ishpeming, during a snowstorm, a half-hour before midnight. How could that possibly be improved on? Yes, I know every one of you can tell me how yours at least matched that. Well, Happy Birthday to you all, then! (Even if today is your unbirthday.)
                      Thanks.

Hey curious, since you were born @ 11:30pm, do you notice you tend to begin activities or experiences @ the end of a cycle? I was born @ 7:35p & that's been my experience, course my time still allowed a little of the end to continue, yours seems it would soon be over.

Comment

Happy birthday! Mine is tomorrow...48.

Comment

Originally posted by 2cute View Post

Thanks.

Hey curious, since you were born @ 11:30pm, do you notice you tend to begin activities or experiences @ the end of a cycle? I was born @ 7:35p & that's been my experience, course my time still allowed a little of the end to continue, yours seems it would soon be over.
                          I am a night owl and always have been. I try to get to bed by 3 AM and usually make it with some struggle. And then I'm up at 9 or earlier. But sometimes there are afternoon naps.

Comment

Originally posted by Brisul View Post

Happy birthday! Mine is tomorrow...48.
                            You're younger than both my daughters. I remember being 48. Enjoy it; you're still young. There were and are people playing professional sports (well) at your age or older, and you can still tell yourself that perhaps you could, too. Gordie Howe (hockey), Satchel Page (baseball), George Blanda (football). But the oldest NBA player was Nat Hickey, who played until he was two days short of his 46th birthday. And then there's Kazuyoshi "King Kazu" Miura, who is still playing at age 55 in the top Japanese soccer league. I will not even bother to mention the people who have won distinctions in academic, artistic, and literary pursuits at older ages, nor those who have excelled in engineering and technology. To me, it feels as if you have your whole life before you. As do we all. May you live a long and happy life, and when you are very old let a cure for age and death be found so you can be happy for longer.

I wish no less for the rest of you reading this. I can say, for my last dog (Copper), that you should live with joy for the day every day of your life. He did, and now he is gone. I cannot have another; I'm not well enough nor is my wife. But we've had nine rescue dogs and did our best by all of them. We have nine memories to carry and we are the richer for it. And every one of those dogs lived in apparent happiness right up to the end. I hope I do the same. It's a life's lesson, for sure.

Comment

You're younger than both my daughters. I remember being 48. Enjoy it; you're still young. There were and are people playing professional sports (well) at your age or older, and you can still tell yourself that perhaps you could, too. Gordie Howe (hockey), Satchel Page (baseball), George Blanda (football). But the oldest NBA player was Nat Hickey, who played until he was two days short of his 46th birthday. And then there's Kazuyoshi "King Kazu" Miura, who is still playing at age 55 in the top Japanese soccer league. I will not even bother to mention the people who have won distinctions in academic, artistic, and literary pursuits at older ages, nor those who have excelled in engineering and technology. To me, it feels as if you have your whole life before you. As do we all. May you live a long and happy life, and when you are very old let a cure for age and death be found so you can be happy for longer.

I wish no less for the rest of you reading this. I can say, for my last dog (Copper), that you should live with joy for the day every day of your life. He did, and now he is gone. I cannot have another; I'm not well enough nor is my wife. But we've had nine rescue dogs and did our best by all of them. We have nine memories to carry and we are the richer for it. And every one of those dogs lived in apparent happiness right up to the end. I hope I do the same. It's a life's lesson, for sure.
                              Wow! What a sweet and thoughtful sentiment! Thank you so much and the same to you!

Comment

Working...
                              X