Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

frozen boards

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #16
    Originally posted by admin View Post
    Emailed you this morning bwt1213.... let me know if you have any problems resetting your password now.
    I can log in with the password you sent. I still don't know how to change my password. I don't see any reference to it anywhere, and it's not in the FAQ.

    Comment


    • #17
      Originally posted by admin View Post
      Emailed you this morning bwt1213.... let me know if you have any problems resetting your password now.
      I can log in with the password you sent. I still don't know how to reset my password. It's not in the FAQ, and I can't find such instructions anywhere.

      Comment


      • #18
        You can do it here:
        User Settings - Puzzle Baron

        Or from the main Wordtwist page, click "Settings" under your login name (top right), then "Account"
        If you enjoy our puzzles, please consider upgrading to a premium account to remove all ads and help support us financially. Thanks for your support!

        Comment


        • #19
          Thank you, Stephen. And now everyone else knows how to change their password, too.

          Comment


          • #20
            Originally posted by Naboka View Post

            Did admin nullify your score?

            Bilbo's a tough one. Was on my nebulous New Year's wishlist of players I'd never beaten or seldom beat.
            No, not to my knowledge. I've noticed that obvious Bots still maintain high scores, so I'm not sure if there is anything that can be done.

            On a side note, I'm part of the 700 club now! However, I scored over 700 on a 5X5 grid, but I'll take it! I bested my high scores on both grids today. Happy playing!

            Comment


            • #21
              Originally posted by jbud1980 View Post

              No, not to my knowledge. I've noticed that obvious Bots still maintain high scores, so I'm not sure if there is anything that can be done.

              On a side note, I'm part of the 700 club now! However, I scored over 700 on a 5X5 grid, but I'll take it! I bested my high scores on both grids today. Happy playing!
              Congrats on the high scores and reaching the 700 club.

              As for the beaten score, it's not really relevant in the grand scheme. It's not as if you set a personal best with a mistimed game. Some of the personal bests I've seen make me wonder, but...

              Comment


              • #22
                Originally posted by Naboka View Post

                Congrats on the high scores and reaching the 700 club.

                As for the beaten score, it's not really relevant in the grand scheme. It's not as if you set a personal best with a mistimed game. Some of the personal bests I've seen make me wonder, but...
                The high score that you have for the month is quite impressive. I feel you'll hit the 700 club soon enough, way before me. I also see you are gunning for #1 again. I wish you the best of luck; however, I always root for the underdog, so...

                Go Sunheart! :P

                Sunheart has never held the coveted #1 trophy.

                Happy playing!

                Comment


                • #23
                  Originally posted by jbud1980 View Post

                  The high score that you have for the month is quite impressive. I feel you'll hit the 700 club soon enough, way before me. I also see you are gunning for #1 again. I wish you the best of luck; however, I always root for the underdog, so...

                  Go Sunheart! :P

                  Sunheart has never held the coveted #1 trophy.

                  Happy playing!
                  Actually, the trophies are an unintended consequence.

                  I'm perfectly fine with Chiman and Sunheart beating me. They're both superior players, who probably don't get the fanfare they merit. Both of them deserve the trophies. They're both better players than I am.

                  Though it probably seems like I'm playing a lot of games, I'm playing less than half the number I usually played in search of a #1 trophy. Part of the missed equation is dumped games.
                  Dumped games don't appear. When competing, I dump dozens of games--and play games as rapidly as possible. Competing, I don't bother with low-score games because why get 200 points in 2 minutes when you can get 400?

                  Currently, I'm playing every game to completion, no matter how low scoring, then studying the boards for where I could improve. I've been filling notebooks with new words and their point values. That takes valuable time away from accumulating points for the month. And, for most games, I'm playing much slower, rather than frantically trying to get every point available.

                  Seems to be working out for the better. I've scored over 500 points every day in January so far, and scored over 600 half a dozen times. Would have been 7 times but I kept trying to spell forms of draughtsman without the s.

                  Comment


                  • #24
                    Originally posted by Naboka View Post

                    Actually, the trophies are an unintended consequence.

                    I'm perfectly fine with Chiman and Sunheart beating me. They're both superior players, who probably don't get the fanfare they merit. Both of them deserve the trophies. They're both better players than I am.

                    Though it probably seems like I'm playing a lot of games, I'm playing less than half the number I usually played in search of a #1 trophy. Part of the missed equation is dumped games.
                    Dumped games don't appear. When competing, I dump dozens of games--and play games as rapidly as possible. Competing, I don't bother with low-score games because why get 200 points in 2 minutes when you can get 400?

                    Currently, I'm playing every game to completion, no matter how low scoring, then studying the boards for where I could improve. I've been filling notebooks with new words and their point values. That takes valuable time away from accumulating points for the month. And, for most games, I'm playing much slower, rather than frantically trying to get every point available.

                    Seems to be working out for the better. I've scored over 500 points every day in January so far, and scored over 600 half a dozen times. Would have been 7 times but I kept trying to spell forms of draughtsman without the s.
                    For the first nine or ten months I played every game, regardless. I learned quite a lot, but I hate to admit that dumping grids is somewhat fun. Haha. Kudos to improving your game!

                    I bested my longest word/highest score on a 5X5 grid today. I'm really starting to enjoy playing the 5X5 grids, perhaps more than the 4X4 grids...

                    Total points: 573 New record!
                    Total words: 83 (26 common,9 wide,9 rare,39 ultra rare)
                    Best word: SUPERRESPECTABLENESSES (42 pts.) New record!
                    Longest word: SUPERRESPECTABLENESSES (22 letters) New record!

                    Comment


                    • #25
                      Originally posted by jbud1980 View Post

                      The high score that you have for the month is quite impressive. I feel you'll hit the 700 club soon enough, way before me. I also see you are gunning for #1 again. I wish you the best of luck; however, I always root for the underdog, so...

                      Go Sunheart! :P

                      Sunheart has never held the coveted #1 trophy.

                      Happy playing!
                      Well sir, it looks like you're rooting for a winner.

                      Sunheart is ahead by about 40,000 points.

                      On good authority, I hear that the fellow in 2nd place is far too lazy to try any late month heroics. In fact, he's been spending a lot of time on the couch catching up on novels missed during the remodel and pandemic. He just finished his 5th book since the New Year began, and is already deep into the 6th--an Ace Atkins rendering of Robert B Parker's Spenser novels.

                      So, perhaps a bit premature, but congratulations to Sunheart for winning the Gold trophy. It's about time to break out the champagne and take the Tour de Victory lap.

                      (Speaking of winners: hope you got a chance to watch the Chiefs/Bills playoff game. One of the most incredible closing minutes of football of all time.)

                      Comment

                      Working...
                      X