Hover Fortunes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hover Fortunes

While interacting on another Puzzle Baron forum, hrossa said ...

Originally posted by hrossa View Post
    ... Now my real reason for posting - today in chat, Eureka and LLapp mentioned that our names each have a fortune-cookie-like saying that is visible if you hover over the bars below your name. I want to "hit the bars" with them.
    So it appears over the reputation bars ...

Isn't that a clever find?

A clever find indeed! :-D I'm eager to post this message and see what my hover says...

UPDATE:

"has a brilliant future"

a pretty nice hover fortune! :-D

Comment

2cute, fun idea!

My hover fortune has changed! Interesting! It was (for as long as I've known about it): "is on a distinguished road".

Today, it's "is a name known to all." This is patently untrue, because I don't have a single "medal" or record .

Hopefully this didn't happen only because I have two Cryptogram windows open at the moment (one to type in, and the other to "hover" in).

Comment

And yes, John13verse34 , I'm certain you do have brilliant future. Plus, I like your name.

Comment

Now I need to see what mine is.

I'm on a distinguished road.

Comment

Thanks, hrossa ! I'm looking forward to that brilliant future :-D

Comment

I think it has something to do with how many bars are red/orange and as your reputation bars increase, so does your saying. Like John13verse34 & I have the same hover fortune 'Has a reputation beyond repute' as we both have filled all of our bars. Mine hasn't changed since I posted this message.

That was such an interesting observation hrossa!

Comment

HEY! Mine says, "Will be found dead in a motel room".

Comment

I am very curious to see if mine will say anything at all, considering that I only write once every year or so on the forum!

It says: is just really nice.

Comment

I think I've only ever written on here once, so I don't know if I'd have any bars. dannyb you seem to be safe again as it's back to "has a reputation beyond repute"!

Comment

Ah. "on a distinguished road". If only that were true....

Comment

Originally posted by HyacinthBucket6 View Post
                        I think I've only ever written on here once, so I don't know if I'd have any bars. dannyb you seem to be safe again as it's back to "has a reputation beyond repute"!
                        I believe I remember the only other time you posted, Hyacinth. I thought your moniker was funny (as I am old and remember her well), and I very much appreciated that it was the name of your cat. I wouldn't sell yourself short on the "distinguished road."

ETA: I also have a reputation beyond repute. Boy, do I sound boring. Which, I am. So I guess it's accurate.

Comment

Originally posted by Turbo2 View Post
                          I am very curious to see if mine will say anything at all, considering that I only write once every year or so on the forum!

It says: is just really nice.
                          With an avatar like that, how can you be anything but just really nice? And hello, btw. I see your name often, and I sigh. Next board, please.

Comment

Originally posted by bionicflutist View Post
                            Now I need to see what mine is.

I'm on a distinguished road.
                            If you really are a bionic flutist, you probably are on a distinguished road! (I am a former unremarkable flutist. )

Comment

Originally posted by hrossa View Post
                              2cute, fun idea!

My hover fortune has changed! Interesting! It was (for as long as I've known about it): "is on a distinguished road".

Today, it's "is a name known to all." This is patently untrue, because I don't have a single "medal" or record .
                              Records and medals are overrated. I enjoy the challenge of finding any words that are out of my normal daily vocabulary.

Great avatar, btw. I need to up my game there. Agree about John13verse34...if you are going to hang your hat on some succinct Biblical wisdom, that is a most excellent choice.

Okay, I've been chatty enough tonight...time to go hide for another 6 months......

Comment

Working...
                              X