Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wordtwist now Mobile Optimized

Hi all -

Just a quick note to let everyone know the Wordtwist site should now be completely optimized for mobile devices. I haven't been able to test it, of course, on every single mobile device out there, so if you try out the new mobile site on your phone and notice a bug/problem, I'd love to get a screenshot and a description of your device/browser emailed to admin@puzzlebaron.com

Also, if you already play on mobile and actively prefer the desktop version over the new mobile-optimized version, you can always "Force Desktop Version" via your profile setting page at:
    User Settings - Puzzle Baron

Cheers!
    Stephen
    If you enjoy our puzzles, please consider upgrading to a premium account to remove all ads and help support us financially. Thanks for your support!

Thanks for the option to force the desktop version! I tried the mobile optimized version and it worked fine, but I have to do more scrolling to see the information I want to see, so I'll probably switch back to the desktop version.

Comment

Thanks for the feedback! By "information I want to see" are you referring to the pre-puzzle initiation pages? I've trimmed those down just now on the mobile versions so that no scrolling should be required in order to view puzzle stats.

If you were referring to another page though I'd love to know about it. Anything I can do to make the site work better on mobile, I'm game to pursue.
      If you enjoy our puzzles, please consider upgrading to a premium account to remove all ads and help support us financially. Thanks for your support!

Comment

Whenever it happened on Friday or Saturday, I briefly thought I'd lost my mind when the initiation page suddenly changed after playing a game. I thought maybe you changed the mobile version but dismissed it since you give us some kind of notice, usually... So I spent about 1.5 hours checking Chrome options with no results.

Thanks for providing the force desktop option. I'll probably use the new mobile version when the ad at the bottom doesn't cover the puzzle stats of high score etc. I'd no longer have to resize the screen to see the puzzle stats clearly, a definite bonus there. I'll send you a screenshot as you requested.
        Last edited by lalatan; 05-17-2022, 12:05 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by admin View Post
          Thanks for the feedback! By "information I want to see" are you referring to the pre-puzzle initiation pages? I've trimmed those down just now on the mobile versions so that no scrolling should be required in order to view puzzle stats.

If you were referring to another page though I'd love to know about it. Anything I can do to make the site work better on mobile, I'm game to pursue.
          I tried it again, and it's much better than it was before!
          Ideally though, I would like to see the puzzle stats and the "load new random game" option without scrolling. I also like to see more of the puzzle stats (words list etc) on the results page after playing.
          But perhaps it's also just me having gotten used to the desktop look.
          ​​​​The new look isn't bad, it's just different.

Comment

Thanks lalatan and crazykate! I've updated the 4x4 and 5x5 puzzle initiation pages now on mobile so that they should require zero scrolling whatsoever. Please let me know if you find this to be an improvement.

The gameover page will always require scrolling in mobile, unfortunately, just because of the sheer amount of information contained there. But I will see if there may be a way for me to further compress things.

Comment

Yes, everything can be seen now on your redesigned initiation page. Thanks.

Comment

Working...
              X