No announcement yet.

Ads ruining game

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I also had a lot of trouble in the past weeks with ads popping up at the bottom of the screen (on a Macbook Air 10.14.6) and freezing my browser. I solved the problem by switching from Firefox to Chrome and even though there are some lags in the game, at least it doesn't freeze!
    And yes, I am considering a premium membership... I think the reason I have not done it yet is that for the past 10 years (at least! -- I guess that's pathetic), I have been hoping to wake up one day and be magically rid of my addiction to this game. Hah, well that has not happened yet so I might indeed consider paying for this addiction to unfold smoothly.

Comment

Originally posted by Turbo2 View Post
      I also had a lot of trouble in the past weeks with ads popping up at the bottom of the screen (on a Macbook Air 10.14.6) and freezing my browser. I solved the problem by switching from Firefox to Chrome and even though there are some lags in the game, at least it doesn't freeze!
      I use Chrome w/my iMac, it sill freezes. Alas.

Originally posted by bwt1213 View Post
      I can tell what my wife is looking at (she's the internet shopper) by the ads that come my way. But every once in a while there is an ad for a performance car. When I was 30 or less, I could at least tell myself I had the skill and reflexes to handle a car that could go 0 to 60 mph in less than 4 seconds. But I am 75 and I have trouble typing and my hands shake so badly that I can't write any more. I would LOVE to drive a supercar. But I know I can't. The ads spur only regret. Truly, my car now has 140 hp and it's enough. Maybe if I wanted a thrill I could manage 200 hp. But I don't have the urge for that kind of thing any more. A targeted ad campaign would realize that and tell me how good a fully-electric vehicle would be for me, and it would be. But it would cost more money than I have, even if I traded everything in. Perhaps in twenty years or so, the advertisers would know all that stuff and would be telling me how I could afford that electric vehicle and would direct me to sites where I could unload my Ford Focus with a manual transmission. I really like the car, and I'm using only about half of the things it can do because I'm about 40 years behind on all the new stuff in it. Alas, in 20 years I would be 95 if I were still alive and rational. I think the odds of me driving then are very close to zero.
      uh oh, now you've gone & done it, now the advertisers will be selling you acorn stair lifts, upwalkers, ensure, retirement facilities (aka nursing homes) & depends. Forget about your Ford Focus (or Mustang, or lately Dodge Challenger or Charger), now you'll be seeing ads for medical alert systems. I know I'm stereotyping yet this is what happened to me on one game site where it required me to put in my birthday (I never put my real one) & I made myself 100.

Actually you could benefit from those self-driving cars at this point. Now it probably won't be a Venom F-5 (I saw a blue one recently), yet it'll be futuristic & fun.

Comment

Working...
      X