Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

"eMERGENCY" (with a lower case "e") game abandoments....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Whoo-hoo! I get a lot of calls from one particular organization that I have repeatedly asked to stop. I think I might try this. now . . . where did that little recorder hide?

Comment

Originally posted by floppers View Post
      so, you are smashing out words, goals in mind.....maybe you've done everything you are obligated to do, had a coffee, and a ventolin....and you hear "OH MY GOSH! MUUUUM....COME HERE1"

and you find out the eMERGENCY....is that Offspring 3 has just found 16 tennis balls under the lounge chair...(and yes Mud the Dog was happy, because he only had 10 in his travel bag, and 20 lying around the house and yard..) This is just one example of me leaving a perfectly enjoyable game for spurious reasons...

Does this only happen to me? What's your least best "reason"...?
      Flops, have you ever read Lianne Moriarty?

Comment

Originally posted by bwt1213 View Post

If you're on the national "do not call" list, all their calls are illegal. So, answer the call and inform them that there are substantial penalties for doing what they're doing, and if they call even once more you will make sure they're prosecuted. It's an automated system and they're spoofing all the numbers they're "calling from" so blocking won't do any good. And because it's automated, they can't stop the calls, either. I forget what the penalty is, but I'm thinking it was so much per call, and the fine could reach into the millions of dollars.
        Yep, been on the do not call list from the beginning - doesn't make any difference they still call. It has gotten steadily worse over the years, I wonder why? Anyhow for a while I'd answer & play w/them for my own entertainment (not there's), then I got bored of that. I solved that annoying problem @ least with my land line (yes, I do still have one), I purchased a digital secretary, it answers all my calls for me. Its basically a phone computer, if your number is in my directory or safe list you'll get a specific message notifying you to leave a message, if you're not, the phone just blocks the call. Then I don't have to listen to the phone ring unless its someone I want to speak with. Its wonderful. Now as far as my cell I just ignore the calls & delete them. I have better things to do w/my time than be irritated by ignorant sales people, scammers & people who just enjoy being mean.

Comment

Originally posted by Naboka View Post

Flops, have you ever read Lianne Moriarty?
          why yes, Naboka, I have (people find it disconcerting, because if I am eating I prefer to be reading, than talking... in desperation, the back of the cereal pack will do...I read a lot...even while vaccuming)...why do you ask?

As for the bogus callers, I pretend that I am the cleaner, and advise that they should call back...if they ask when, I answer, "well...it's between six to twelve months, depending on good behaviour'..

Comment

Holiday Monday, shortly after 8 am, phone rings - caller ID says "Discover Financ" - machine picks up - nothing. WT*!! I like the 6-12 months . . . but it only works with humans.

Comment

Originally posted by floppers View Post

why yes, Naboka, I have (people find it disconcerting, because if I am eating I prefer to be reading, than talking... in desperation, the back of the cereal pack will do...I read a lot...even while vaccuming)...why do you ask?

As for the bogus callers, I pretend that I am the cleaner, and advise that they should call back...if they ask when, I answer, "well...it's between six to twelve months, depending on good behaviour'..
              Hilarious.

You just remind me of Moriarty's work.

Maybe the Australian.

Talking and eating is always an exercise in balancing performances which are contradictory. Reading gives you a good excuse not to dribble words and grit simultaneously.

As for calls, if I answer, which is almost never, I like to pretend to a foreign domestic who speaks very poor English, misinterpreting everything they say.

Or a religious fanatic trying to convert them to whatever religion amuses me at that moment. There are so many.

I've long favored crucifixition as an appropriate punishment for those in charge of junk calls.

How could crucifixition be unusual since it's Biblical?

Although, occaisionally, the call is valid, I revert from domestic to me and we commiserate over the endless stream of junk calls.

(Religious fanatic takes time to develop in a call.)

I'm going to steal your line about 6-12 months.

Comment

Originally posted by Naboka View Post

Hilarious.

You just remind me of Moriarty's work.

Maybe the Australian.

Talking and eating is always an exercise in balancing performances which are contradictory. Reading gives you a good excuse not to dribble words and grit simultaneously.

As for calls, if I answer, which is almost never, I like to pretend to a foreign domestic who speaks very poor English, misinterpreting everything they say.

Or a religious fanatic trying to convert them to whatever religion amuses me at that moment. There are so many.

I've long favored crucifixition as an appropriate punishment for those in charge of junk calls.

How could crucifixition be unusual since it's Biblical?

Although, occaisionally, the call is valid, I revert from domestic to me and we commiserate over the endless stream of junk calls.

(Religious fanatic takes time to develop in a call.)

I'm going to steal your line about 6-12 months.
                I used to have a friend who would do that to the Jehovah Witnesses that came to his door trying to convince him to join their church. He'd tell them he worshipped the devil & it would scare the pants off of them. After a while they would just skip his home as they were frightened of him. LOL

Comment

Working...
                X