When does the new dictionary begin?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• When does the new dictionary begin?

Is the new dictionary for Wordtwist now being applied? Seems like words I didn't think were accepted at one time are now being accepted.

Like enantiomorphs got accepted, but I sort of remember either posting or thinking about posting disappointment about it not being accepted.

I don't know. My memory's not what it used to be, so...

Screen Shot 2022-09-19 at 8.01.13 PM.png

I've had sort of the opposite experience. I've tried words that I know the dictionary hasn't accepted in the past, thinking that the new one might. I wish I had a fancy example like "enantiomorph" but for me it is mundane stuff like "tarer" - one who tares. So far I have not noticed that any previously excluded words are now in the dictionary. Of course, maybe I am just not trying the right ones.

Comment

Originally posted by BoredInTheCar View Post
      I've had sort of the opposite experience. I've tried words that I know the dictionary hasn't accepted in the past, thinking that the new one might. I wish I had a fancy example like "enantiomorph" but for me it is mundane stuff like "tarer" - one who tares. So far I have not noticed that any previously excluded words are now in the dictionary. Of course, maybe I am just not trying the right ones.
      Thanks for the feedback.

From the silence, no one else has experienced any difference.

Score one: befuddlement.

Comment

No idea whether the new dictionary is in play. Stephen did update the word list somewhat a while ago (I think mostly by adding some word forms, like plurals, that didn't work before). I personally don't really notice a difference, but I think that has more to do with my memory than anything Stephen may have done.

Comment

So this is a smaller word, but I noticed that the dictionary accepted 'meercat', which I find odd since the correct spelling is 'meerkat' and I can't find an alternate version of it where it's spelled with a 'c'.

Comment

Working...
          X