Wordtwist Dictionary Update

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by admin View Post
    All three of those are categorized as archaic/obsolete, and so were not included.

Not that I think these terms need to be added, it's just that I would like a better reference for their classification.

Your job is hard enough. And the issue affects pretty much no one.

Is there a reference you use to establish what is what that we can access? Not all sources agree.

The reasons I felt these words should have been included follow--but can be ignored as TLDNR.

As a chemical term, carene is found in rosemary, marijuana, turpentine. It has a citrus-like scent and is used in cologne currently. It's not capitalized.

Lexic defines carene as a fast of 40 days on bread and water without mention of it being either obsolete or archaic.

Lexic also defines ennew as to make new with the transitive not being noted as obsolete.

Enew and enewed were accepted in play, but they're also obsolete terms, meaning (of a hawk) to plunge its prey back into the water.

Comment

Originally posted by crazykate View Post
      I don't think I know that word, can't think of any possible combination in that jumble of letters that starts with D, ends on O, and makes any kind of sense, whether acceptable or otherwise
      You can find it in the Wikipedia article on ethnic slurs.

Comment

Originally posted by admin View Post
        Thanks Nylimb - these boards are now removed. Weren't too many, only found on 29 5x5 boards and 25 4x4.
        I just noticed the same word, D**O, on another board:
        Code:
        RNSAD
        HOORG
        VJMOR
        ACPAT
        LHITI

Comment

Originally posted by Nylimb View Post
          I just noticed the same word, D**O, on another board:
          And another one:
          Code:
          ETGRM
          RHAOK
          IMORH
          OALIP
          DGCLY

Comment

I just found the word REMOISTURISATION (30 pts.) , which was accepted, but moisturisation was not.

Comment

Maybe worth reporting? Uncatchableness and unmatchableness don't have the plural versions (whereas matchablenesses is okay)

Comment

Does anyone remember the point value equations that Spike1007 provided?

With the additional values for certain letters such as q, z, k, x?

Working on a chart of actual points for words of each length in each category.

Comment

Looks like this link might take you there. I did an advanced search. https://forum.puzzlebaron.com/search...%7D&btnSubmit=
                  Before you try to find it make a note of what date the post was made. In my experience the go to post doesn't take you directly there but at least you know what the date and thread of it is..

Comment

Originally posted by lalatan View Post
                    Looks like this link might take you there. I did an advanced search. https://forum.puzzlebaron.com/search...%7D&btnSubmit=
                    Before you try to find it make a note of what date the post was made. In my experience the go to post doesn't take you directly there but at least you know what the date and thread of it is..
                    Thanks, lalatan,

Guess we round up. Where a wide 16 letter word would be 16-1=15 x 1.3=19.5 rounding up to 20. Will have to look for confirmation on some board.

All the ultra rares were already in the kit.

Just played this game.

Sooooo close.

Arrrgggghhhhh!

You might enjoy it.

At least I didn't do ane, which is so easy to type and so tempting, but still only rare.

Screen Shot 2023-06-12 at 11.02.47 PM.png
                    a1.png a2 22.png a3 333.png a4 4444.png
                    Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Naboka View Post

Thanks, lalatan,

Guess we round up. Where a wide 16 letter word would be 16-1=15 x 1.3=19.5 rounding up to 20. Will have to look for confirmation on some board.

Just played this game.

Sooooo close.

Arrrgggghhhhh!

You might enjoy it.

At least I didn't do ane, which is so easy to type and so tempting, but still only rare.
                      Wow! That's amazing! Congrats!

Comment

Originally posted by Naboka View Post
                        Thanks, lalatan,

Just played this game.

Sooooo close.

Arrrgggghhhhh!
                        Wow!! What a very disappointing yet at the same time spectacular result. You were 99.1% of the way there...
                        But you are going to make it to 100%.

Comment

Working...
                        X