X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 52 pts - 25 letters !

Best Word: QUINQUAGINTACENTILLIONTHS (52 pts) by Spike1007
    Longest Word: QUINQUAGINTACENTILLIONTHS (25 letters) by Spike1007

I didn't know it was possible ! Congrats Spike1007 !

I see I have plenty of room for improvement !

Good day to all !

Thanks, but I'm not the first to find that, or other 25-letter 52-point (or even 54 point) words. I'm in awe of the first player to find one of those QUINQUA- big number words.

Comment

Spike, after I read your post I looked up the APPW competition to see how you were doing while folkslinger is taking a break. Whaaat??! 49.302 pts/word! With an avg words/game of >1. (I know you've been doing that for years. Just letting others know) I never imagined I would see a number that high in that category. So congrats!! You are a master of perseverance and self-motivation.

I also noticed you found the 54 pt word last month and this month as well. Congrats on that. I had hoped to maybe come across it once again this month but I've only been playing a measly 10 games/day. So the odds of that happening are extremely low. Not as low as a quinquasexagintilliardth of a chance though. That word is like a comet. You don't know when it's flying by unless alerted by others. When it finally does show up, if you don't see it, it's going to be a long time for its next appearance.

Comment

lalatan, thanks! Even at the start of the month, I didn't imagine going that high. (Now, if I can just manage not to wander off after I've entered a 10 point word or something.) Now I think it's up to folkslinger to go over 50. I've burnt out on clicking (for now) so I'm sure I'll fall back quite a ways.

Comment

Hey Spike,
          I have also been watching in absolute awe! Such dedication! I don't know how many stats you must have looked at to get that high a score. The month I did 48, I calculated that I looked at nearly 90,000. I cannot imagine even attempting to break your upcoming new record. I'll wait until the end of the month to congratulate you so I don't jinx you. (It's easy to fall into the traps of superstitiousnesses. )

Comment

Congrats Spike! I remember how hard it was to get my high of just over 40, it takes a lot of dedication and a hell of a lot of mind-numbing clicks! I hope your mouse survives the non-stop tapping to achieve your new high!

Comment

Thanks pdiddp, and a premature thanks to folkslinger if I manage not to screw this up in the next few days. I really have no idea how many boards I went through. folkslinger, of course your 48+ APPM was my inspiration, and a lot of luck was involved (like in running across the QUINQUASEXAGINTILLIARDTHS board, where I think I took three words). I now think 50+ should be achievable, but I don't think I'll be shooting for that any time soon.

Comment

You guys should just submit 50 blank boards after you find a word over 50 points... totally have never done that ahahaha

Comment

Originally posted by Spike1007 View Post
                  Thanks pdiddp, and a premature thanks to folkslinger if I manage not to screw this up in the next few days. I really have no idea how many boards I went through. folkslinger, of course your 48+ APPM was my inspiration, and a lot of luck was involved (like in running across the QUINQUASEXAGINTILLIARDTHS board, where I think I took three words). I now think 50+ should be achievable, but I don't think I'll be shooting for that any time soon.
                  Well it is official Spike! You blew away the APPW. 49.3+ is absolutely fantastic and I'm betting, unless you try to break it, this one is going to last for quite a while. Very, very well done!

I'm honored to have been your inspiration as you have been mine on many occasions, including this very month. Thanks to your example, I found five words totaling 222 points in one puzzle. There are so many ways to play this game and have fun.

Comment

folkslinger, my official thanks! This month I'm going back to having fun, and trying to find some of the new super-long words along the way.

Comment

folkslinger, my official thanks! This month I'm going back to having fun, and trying to find some of the new super-long words along the way.
                      Me too! (I just discovered you have to have at least 10 characters to make a post.)

Comment

I just found ANTIESTABLISHMENTARIANISM. I'm pretty sure it's a new word, and unless I'm missing some, it's the third non number-related 25 letter word (along with MICROCRYSTALLOGRAPHICALLY and BALLISTOCARDIOGRAPHICALLY).

Comment

Excellent find Spike! But, yes, you are missing 1 25 non-numeric word I've played: UVULOPALATOPHARYNGOPLASTY.
                          For years I read and believed that ANTIDISESTABLISHMENTARIANISM was the longest word in English. However, last year I googled it and saw this Wikipedia article:

Comment

lalatan, thanks! I was wondering if I was missing any of those.

I knew that there was at least one word longer than ANTIDISESTABLISHMENTARIANISM, although I guess it's contrived. Anyway, I had no idea how long they went. We're going to need a bigger board.

Comment

lalatan, thanks! I was wondering if I was missing any of those.

I knew that there was at least one word longer than ANTIDISESTABLISHMENTARIANISM, although I guess it's contrived. Anyway, I had no idea how long they went. We're going to need a bigger board.
                              Let me revive the suggestion for a 6x6 board.

Comment

Working...
                              X