52 pts - 25 letters !

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by lalatan View Post
    Excellent find Spike! But, yes, you are missing 1 25 non-numeric word I've played: UVULOPALATOPHARYNGOPLASTY.
    I keep hoping to find a board with that word... having had the procedure, I'd really like to be able to play it here :-D

Comment

I also noticed you found the 54 pt word last month and this month as well. Congrats on that. I had hoped to maybe come across it once again this month but I've only been playing a measly 10 games/day. So the odds of that happening are extremely low. Not as low as a quinquasexagintilliardth of a chance though. That word is like a comet. You don't know when it's flying by unless alerted by others. When it finally does show up, if you don't see it, it's going to be a long time for its next appearance.
      UVULOPALATOPHARYNGOPLASTY seems to 1 of those comet-like words I described in this post to Spike earlier in this thread. I only ever played it once since the first time I got it and you started a thread about it. I wish you favor with the great word distributor algorithm and you find it soon.

Edit: Interesting, I looked back on the last time quinquasexagintilliardths was found before Spike and folkslinger found it Oct. 2022. It was Oct. 2021 with both me and mdyak finding it.
      Last edited by lalatan; 12-05-2022, 06:35 PM.

Comment

UVULOPALATOPHARYNGOPLASTY seems to 1 of those comet-like words I described in this post to Spike earlier in this thread. I only ever played it once since the first time I got it and you started a thread about it. I wish you favor with the great word distributor algorithm and you find it soon.

Edit: Interesting, I looked back on the last time quinquasexagintilliardths was found before Spike and folkslinger found it Oct. 2022. It was Oct. 2021 with both me and mdyak finding it.

Lalatan, I had thought it was nearly a year that I had been looking for quinquasexagintilliardths but I was short (well I am but that's a whole different problem). It appears that particular word shows up around Halloween? Perhaps to play a prank on people with hippopotomonstrosesquippedaliophobia?

I had also noticed when you had originally found uvulopalatopharyngoplasty and I have had no success in finding it myself.

Do you have a note as to what it scored? You had already found a word that scored the same or higher when I noticed it in the longest word played list that month (I know Spike1007 laid out the scoring formula in a previous post but the mathematics of it left me lost then and still do ).

Comment

I wish you favor with the great word distributor algorithm and you find it soon.
          Thank you kindly! :-D

Comment

Originally posted by folkslinger View Post
            Lalatan, I had thought it was nearly a year that I had been looking for quinquasexagintilliardths but I was short (well I am but that's a whole different problem). It appears that particular word shows up around Halloween? Perhaps to play a prank on people with hippopotomonstrosesquippedaliophobia?
            While I was looking to see when the 54 pt word was found, it was tedious to go to high scores, correct month and applicable category (also the historical high scores list ends at Dec. 2021). So after doing it twice I analyzed the text of the link in the address bar. I discovered if I altered the m= parameter to the month of the year I wanted and/or the year I could directly go to that month on category 5, Best Scoring Words Played. I remembered I found the word first in May 2021 and thought I had played it 2 more times after that. Here's what I learned:
            Found on
            May 2021 by lalatan
            June 2021 (not going to include the username. I surpassed too many of his records for me to believe he found it w/o reading it off a page. I suppose there's a chance he memorized the word and I could be wrong. However, in my opinion he didn't "earn his stripes" like the rest of us.)
            July 2021 by lalatan, John13verse34, mdyak
            Oct 2021 by lalatan, mdyak
            Oct 2022 by folkslinger, Spike1007

Now that admin has added thousands more games we may see it even less often.

I noticed your hippo- word didn't make Wikipedia's longest words in English. It sounded like contrived word to me. I googled it at the time and it was in some types of dictionaries. Today I also saw a Wikipedia entry on it:
            https://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/hippo...ipedaliophobia
            and they also think it's a contrived word. Nevertheless it's a fun one.

Originally posted by folkslinger View Post
            I had also noticed when you had originally found uvulopalatopharyngoplasty and I have had no success in finding it myself.

Do you have a note as to what it scored? You had already found a word that scored the same or higher when I noticed it in the longest word played list that month (I know Spike1007 laid out the scoring formula in a previous post but the mathematics of it left me lost then and still do ).
            It's worth 48 pts. I understood what Spike wrote about scoring but I just remember pt values and I'm not really concerned how it's derived. Don't feel bad. Spike is a retired mathematics professor so that's his jam.
            Always a pleasure to chat with you.
            Last edited by lalatan; 12-06-2022, 02:24 PM.

Comment

Working...
            X