Wow! >1000 available words

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wow! >1000 available words

What is the max available word count anyone has seen?

This is the most I've ever seen; one of the new boards I surmise.

Not that it helps me--it seems even with all these new high available count boards, I'm not scoring any higher.
    (I'm still limited by seeing the words fast enough.)
    mostworsds.PNG

OK, I've just seen better, and this one gave me an all time high score:
    evenmore.PNG

Comment

Best I've found so far:
      BogBoard3.jpg

Comment

Maybe they've changed something, I feel like these mega boards are new. This one just came up for me tonight:
        Screen Shot 2022-11-28 at 10.10.06 PM.png

Comment

ZongoraNYC, yes, the administrator said they'd just been released. Check the "What the Heck" thread.

Comment

I'm not going to play those.

I find that my scores actually peak when the total number of words on the board is in the 400-500 word range, and decline as the number goes up beyond that. I think that's because I get overwhelmed by the sheer number of words available, which causes me to both freeze up while typing and lose track of what words I've already used.

Comment

Originally posted by DrPlacebo View Post
              I'm not going to play those.

I find that my scores actually peak when the total number of words on the board is in the 400-500 word range, and decline as the number goes up beyond that. I think that's because I get overwhelmed by the sheer number of words available, which causes me to both freeze up while typing and lose track of what words I've already used.
              Play them! And calm down. I had the same problem at first -- so many words, and I can't type that fast and I'm making even more mistakes than usual. Take a deep breath and look for the rare words and enter them first. I found myself typing more slowly and scoring higher. I set my monthly high score on a board where I averaged nearly 8 points a word. And then nearly matched it.

Comment

Originally posted by bwt1213 View Post

Play them! And calm down. I had the same problem at first -- so many words, and I can't type that fast and I'm making even more mistakes than usual. Take a deep breath and look for the rare words and enter them first. I found myself typing more slowly and scoring higher. I set my monthly high score on a board where I averaged nearly 8 points a word. And then nearly matched it.
                Same, same.

Slow typing. Soo many words. Franticness setting in. Must be worse for you being a fast reader and able to see so many more words.

Adopting a points-per-keystroke approach has helped cut the extraneous fat. 1.5 points per keystroke seems a doable goal.

With a lot of memorization.

Don't mean to bore anyone with the math, but...

Used to think how many points a word is worth was the most important consideration. But long common words are often worth less than a point per keystroke. Irradiating is an eleven letter word worth 10 points. 10 points seems good, but it's only 0.9 points a keystroke. While aridities is a 9 letter word worth 16 points or about 1.8 PPK.

Other examples: ewt and tew are 2.o points a keystroke, tews and ewts are 1.5. Trew is 1.5, but trews drops to 1.0. Ree is 2.o, but reest is only 1.2, while reast is 1.6. San is 2.0 but sans is .75!

Used to think the rare words were valuable, but tain is 1.0 while tains is 1.6. Might as well use hen, hie, gin because 3-letter words are never woth less than 1.0 PPK and you'll end up with more words played.

Ultra rare words are the money makers. But common words like zoo can be worth 2.o PPK.

Q, K, Z add value, but kale and know are only 1.0 PPK, so...

An overwhelming percent of the boards I open aren't played to the end. Mostly they're just practise, trying to find the mother lode, trying to see the gold, trying to enhance recognition speed.

Just as in playing the game previously, the influx of new words will require learning which count and which don't. And how much they're worth.

Already finding that adding an s to various -ing words doesn't always work. That's often a goldmine of points.

And plenty of taxonomic words don't play. More medical, chemical and scientific words seem available. Though the common ones usually aren't worth the effort. Played anaesthesiology the other day--15 letters worth something like 18 points, which is 1.2 PPK, so other than being longest/best word, it's borderline worthless.

Comment

Working...
                X