Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New criteria?

Dear Admin,

Been running across a lot of boards in 4x4 with scores over 600. Sometimes several a day. That used to be very rare.

Initially, this could be attributed to so many high scoring boards being played and not hitting recycle mode.

But...

First board that popped up this morning was one where I'd scored 664. Since I keep a record of all my scores over 600, I was able to check to see when that might have been played. Turns out Dec 3.

That's a long time to hit recycle mode.

The most obvious reason is that the threshold has changed not only for 5x5 but 4x4.

Curious what that threshold is now.

And if it's the same for both 4x4 and 5x5, that seems unfair. 5x5 simply has far greater scoring opportunities.

700 pts is the new cut-off for 4x4 boards. 1000 pts for 5x5.
    If you enjoy our puzzles, please consider upgrading to a premium account to remove all ads and help support us financially. Thanks for your support!

Comment

Out of curiosity, how often are boards recycled? I assume it's not immediately.

Comment

Once a day we recycle roughly between 80-150 boards of each size, depending on how many of them reach the cut-off in the previous 24 hours.
        If you enjoy our puzzles, please consider upgrading to a premium account to remove all ads and help support us financially. Thanks for your support!

Comment

Working...
        X