No announcement yet.

When a word matches a user name........

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• When a word matches a user name........

I always think this is a little odd but kinda neat too..........I just played a board where the user named predictic found the best word, predictednesses...........my full name is Russell and I've played the word russel a lot too.........

I always think of you when russel comes up, and me, when it flops.

Comment

I'll now be on the look out for floppers I always think of LeBron James when I see your name, king of the NBA floppers : )

I actually had no idea russel was a word til I started playing this crazy game..........guess it's some kind of fabric material..........

Comment

it's a kind of woollen fabric (you might use it for a suit), and it also means red...so I suppose you could make a red flag out of it? I couldn't be further from LeBron (for a lot of reasons, but I promise I never flop, I pride myself on remaining upright). Flops, and Floppers is a derivative of the name of one of Peter Rabbits sisters.

Comment

I fondly remember Flopsy and Mopsy! Interesting choice for a user name : )

Comment

Don. Boring. Pretty sure DonGuy isn't a word.

Comment

The closest I've come is with the word brine and all of its tenses and forms.

Comment

My names come up many times. Speedy, Ann variations and my married name "clear" I will have to look for russell and floppers

Comment

Originally posted by Brisul View Post
                  The closest I've come is with the word brine and all of its tenses and forms.
                  What about brain You clearly have a large one based on your scores!

Comment

Originally posted by RussDNails View Post
                    I fondly remember Flopsy and Mopsy! Interesting choice for a user name : )
                    The third sister was cottontail, and it came from a friend trying to guess my original email address which was dixie@etc, as I had guinea pigs named Pixie, Dixie and Trixie (the offspring of George and Mildred) at school. In the end my teachers refered to me as Dixie...legend continues, but my friend incorrectly guessed the wrong family (and species), so then the flopsy thing stuck too. My neighbours, some of my offspring, and apparently my 6 week old grandson, refer to me as Dinky....from DinkyDi, which is a whole nother story.

Mega comes up a bit, but not lalatan (another grandchild reference), for Kate, there is always crazy....keep them coming...

Comment

Nice.........cool backstory.......we had guinea pigs when my lone brother and I were kids...........

We had one male we bought at a local pet shop with the curly type fur. We named him Curly, we weren't the brightest kids

My uncle worked in a research lab and brought home a female rescue. We put them together and in like 3 months we had around 40 guinea pigs, they're worse than rabbits. One of the first of the offspring was pure black, really cool looking and the reason I mention it is we named that one Inky. When you mentioned Dinky it brought back some good memories. We had so many guinea pigs it was insane and finally my Mom put her foot down and we had to donate 30+ to the Cleveland Zoo petting farm. Those suckers can make a real racket when they want food, in the mornings my childhood home were filled with the constant "wheek, wheek, wheek " sound they make when they want food. They get to know the house pretty quick and all it would take to set them off would be the sound of a crinkling bag of lettuce, carrots, etc. It was a blast while it lasted but we only had so much room and the humane thing to do really was to hand them off to a place where they'd be well cared for.......

Now that I opened the can of worms, I'm finding myself looking at who's online and if they're name is a word

Comment

Originally posted by RussDNails View Post

What about brain You clearly have a large one based on your scores!
                        Sweet talker! I'm not sure it's true though, because I didn't figure out "brain"...and it's so obvious!

Comment

Working...
                        X