Trout Fishing in America

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trout Fishing in America

With a tip of the hat to Richard Brautigan.

I was standing next to a beautiful pool on Eight Mile Brook the sun was filtering through the white pines and hemlocks up along the ridge. I pick my spot to land my fly and I hit it perfectly and the fly drifts in the current just as I expected. I work that spot a few times and a shiver comes over me. I didn't catch a fish, but I will keep that moment of beauty with me forever. It was visually, physically and mentally perfect. A gift on that late afternoon one June day.

Here in WordTwist, did you ever play that board as perfect as you could? You don't get the high score and you may not even match your average score, but you know that you played it well. I get the same smile I had that day fishing that brook

Originally posted by dannyb View Post
    With a tip of the hat to Richard Brautigan.

I was standing next to a beautiful pool on Eight Mile Brook the sun was filtering through the white pines and hemlocks up along the ridge. I pick my spot to land my fly and I hit it perfectly and the fly drifts in the current just as I expected. I work that spot a few times and a shiver comes over me. I didn't catch a fish, but I will keep that moment of beauty with me forever. It was visually, physically and mentally perfect. A gift on that late afternoon one June day.

Here in WordTwist, did you ever play that board as perfect as you could? You don't get the high score and you may not even match your average score, but you know that you played it well. I get the same smile I had that day fishing that brook

Beautifully put.

To answer: yes.

Reminds me also of Pirsig. The zen of...

Friends wonder why I waste so much time on this game. So many, many opportunity costs. All the other useful things that could be accomplished, which in their minds are far more important.

It's impossible to explain the calmness that comes to you when you reach a state of absolute unfocused-focus. When nothing distracts you. Perhaps, because distractions have become simple parts of something greater.

The zen of...

But, the wife says I talk too much and overexplain everything, so...

Comment

Just found this in a game and thought about fishing. About the anticipation. The good stresses of fishing.

And playing games.

Dancing.

How much pleasure managed stress can bring.

The beats of life's song.

Screen Shot 2023-02-28 at 4.40.51 PM.png

Comment

Working...
      X