A glitz in the system?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A glitz in the system?

Anyone else noticing weird fluctuations in current records held? Sudden losses and gains?

I know that either the number of best or longest word records used to change in weird ways. Of course you can lose records to others, but I could gain some overnight when I wasn't playing. I suspected elves were playing for me. lalatan keeps better track these days than I do, and mentioned something about that not too long ago. I thought he said that the fluctuations had stopped, but my memory isn't what it used to be.

Comment

Originally posted by Spike1007 View Post
      I know that either the number of best or longest word records used to change in weird ways. Of course you can lose records to others, but I could gain some overnight when I wasn't playing. I suspected elves were playing for me. lalatan keeps better track these days than I do, and mentioned something about that not too long ago. I thought he said that the fluctuations had stopped, but my memory isn't what it used to be.
      Thanks, Spike.

Heard about the fluctuations, so figured it was back.

On the 19th I played 14 games and gained 19 most points records. I didn't lose any games, so it was a mysterious increase of 5. But, in the preceding days chunks of records would disappear at statistically improbable rates. On the 20th, I woke up to 4 more than I had when I went to bed. Those gains approximated the mysterious losses, so I figured...??? some kind of accounts being balanced?

Today, I'm down 11 games having won all 5 that I played. It's unusual to lose 2 games in a day, much less 11. That's about what I lose in a bad week.

Granted, the losing to others. But, the math/statistical probabilities suggests something else at play.

Comment

surprised no one has commented on the wrong word in the heading.

Last edited by Naboka; 03-24-2023, 09:48 PM.

Comment

Actually I noticed the word glitz but chose to say nothing since we all know what you meant. For you and Spike here's a link to what I said before about totals fluctuations: https://forum.puzzlebaron.com/forum/...heck#post31105

I was unaware it also happens with high score/most words tallies. When I used to play a lot of games and set records in my heyday I guess I taxed the system too much. I had totals variations from 53-71. I'd get a credit I didn't earn and then over the next few days it would take them back. Now I only get variances of 2-5 records a day.

Comment

Working...
          X