Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Congratulations to the winners, heartfelt thanks to all competitors and Adieu!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Congratulations to the winners, heartfelt thanks to all competitors and Adieu!

Hi all,
    May 2023 was my last month of participating in monthly competitions. Needless to say since 2016, the journey has been so good. Playing boggles has helped me in so many ways - by helping me relax, feel good about myself, help me learn new words, get to know boggle lovers, see great achievements, challenge myself... I wanted to end the competitive journey in May 2023 with a high - winning the 1st place in average points per word in both the 4x4 and 5x5 boards. I saw lalatan breathing down my neck in the 4x4 competition and I had to put in extra effort just to remain ahead by a small margin. It was a good race lalatan. Thanks! and well played too. On the 5x5 board, I got complacent and thought that a 42+ score will be unassailable. And a couple of days before the month ended, folkslinger surged ahead with an unbeatable lead. Congratulations folkslinger! Well played to all others. I will be taking a break from here for a while. I will definitely return to play, but not competitively. Thanks once again to all for the wonderful times. We all havent met and dont know each other's real names, but then the usernames like Dasan, lalatan, folkslinger, ywebite, John13verse24 and others will never be forgotten. Adieu!

Congratulations on your excellent results! I'm glad that you've said you will return to play for fun. I've given up on top high scores for over a year now and I'm still enjoying this game. All the best for your future pursuits, and we'll see you around!

Comment

Pardonne-moi. si j'avais su, je n'aurais pas joué ce 51e match. Au revoir mon ami.

Comment

I hope you have a good break and find yourself drawn back into the bogglesphere before long :-)

Comment

Originally posted by folkslinger View Post
          Pardonne-moi. si j'avais su, je n'aurais pas joué ce 51e match. Au revoir mon ami.
          Hey no! Not at all! c'mon! Please don't apologise. It is an honour to play with players like you.
          God bless.

Comment

Originally posted by John13verse34 View Post
            I hope you have a good break and find yourself drawn back into the bogglesphere before long :-)
            Thanks my friend. Look forward to it

Comment

Originally posted by crazykate View Post
              Congratulations on your excellent results! I'm glad that you've said you will return to play for fun. I've given up on top high scores for over a year now and I'm still enjoying this game. All the best for your future pursuits, and we'll see you around!
              Thanks crazykate. Yes, I observed that I don't see some usual names any more. Seems we all grow out of the competitive mode sooner or later. And that's what life is all about. Living in the moment, going with the flow. Stopping by to smell the flowers and see the sun set.

See you around.

Comment

Originally posted by kjambur View Post
                I wanted to end the competitive journey in May 2023 with a high - winning the 1st place in average points per word in both the 4x4 and 5x5 boards. I saw lalatan breathing down my neck in the 4x4 competition and I had to put in extra effort just to remain ahead by a small margin...
                Actually I wasn't competing with you. I was collecting records and letting my APPW be wherever it happened to finish. I was glad that you got the gold trophy. After watching you improve your APPW game I thought you deserved it since you put in the work to get it. So congrats on your achievement! You are a skilled and worthy competitor and your son should know that.

Originally posted by kjambur View Post
                Thanks once again to all for the wonderful times. We all havent met and dont know each other's real names, but then the usernames like Dasan, lalatan, folkslinger, ywebite, John13verse24 and others will never be forgotten. Adieu!
                It was good to get to know you in the brief time you were on the forum. I will remember you too. Adios for now.

Comment

Originally posted by lalatan View Post
                  Actually I wasn't competing with you. I was collecting records and letting my APPW be wherever it happened to finish. I was glad that you got the gold trophy. After watching you improve your APPW game I thought you deserved it since you put in the work to get it. So congrats on your achievement! You are a skilled and worthy competitor and your son should know that.

It was good to get to know you in the brief time you were on the forum. I will remember you too. Adios for now.
                  After I told my son about my decision to take a break, he started hovering around me when I was playing trying to see if he could make some words.
                  Look forward to it my friend. Take care.

Comment

Working...
                  X