All the pretty numbers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• All the pretty numbers

I've just had to switch from 4x4 to 5x5 for this month because I noticed that my total points score is at 99999 points. I can't ruin that.

Originally posted by crazykate View Post
    I've just had to switch from 4x4 to 5x5 for this month because I noticed that my total points score is at 99999 points. I can't ruin that.
    A very pretty number indeed! Take a screen shot and print it. Even if you don't play 4X4, the number will disappear at midnight on September 31.

Comment

Originally posted by dannyb View Post

A very pretty number indeed! Take a screen shot and print it. Even if you don't play 4X4, the number will disappear at midnight on September 31.
      Um. Did you mean September 30?

Comment

I guess this provides a counterexample the earlier conversation where getting 99999 would be disappointing compared to getting 100000... congrats!

Comment

"Um. Did you mean September 30?​"

You will see that it is a thirty if you use an optical transducer. Isn't that correct Lalatan? I bought mine used on eBay!

"I guess this provides a counterexample the earlier conversation where getting 99999 would be disappointing compared to getting 100000... congrats!"

One is QUALITY one is QUANTITY. Sort of like gourmet and gourmand.

Comment

I'd be willing to stipulate for the sake of this topic that nines are higher quality than zeros in most cultures. (And higher quantity digit for digit as a bonus.) But you do get the extra one thrown in.
            Last edited by BoggleOtaku; 09-16-2023, 12:42 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by dannyb View Post

"Um. Did you mean September 30?​"

You will see that it is a thirty if you use an optical transducer. Isn't that correct Lalatan? I bought mine used on eBay!

"I guess this provides a counterexample the earlier conversation where getting 99999 would be disappointing compared to getting 100000... congrats!"

One is QUALITY one is QUANTITY. Sort of like gourmet and gourmand.

I must admit that I am a gourmand. My tastebuds don't discriminate quality very well compared to chefs of any worth. And when I was young, I ate prodigious quantities of food with no harmful effects. Alas, those days are gone, very long gone. I can, however, envy those under perhaps 30 years of age who can still devour a whole large pizza by themselves -- or, as I did, a Chicago Deep Dish medium-sized pizza at Pizzeria Due in downtown Chicago. It weighed six pounds and required a whole lot of beer to wash it down, and the waiter couldn't believe I could do it. I didn't require food the next day, however, rather similar to a snake with an especially large meal. No, I did not have indigestion, didn't have bad dreams, and had no ill effects other than I was very thirsty for a while. There's a lot of salt in a pizza, particularly a six pound one. I still fondly remember that pizza. In fact, Ian Fleming (remember James Bond?) had visited that very restaurant and had that very pizza and had inserted a comment about it into one of his novels as "perhaps the best pizza in the world" -- which the restaurant had reprinted and displayed proudly near the entrance. I can testify that it was a very, very good pizza. A righteous pizza. If you are under 30, perhaps you will have one as good. But probably not.

Comment

Working...
              X