a curious glitch

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• a curious glitch

A few times when I've played lately, the submit board gets hung up--just spinning and not submitting. Have no idea if the scores are being counted. About a minute into it this time, I decided to take a screen shot and spend a few minutes looking through the upcoming music play list.

When I returned to Wordtwist, the screen simply said that safari had failed to open the page.

I don't know enough about computers to even guess what's going on.

But, one thing that caught my curiosity is that Board Stats were so dramatically off. I opened the board with something like 130 ultra rare words on screen. This one shows 54. Plus I had gotten at least one 8 letter UR word and a couple of 7's. But this Board Stat shows only one 7 and zero 8's available.

Anyone with more smarts than me have a clue?

136-30-44-41-17-4 a failed page copy.png

I noticed in MegaWords video that the board stats in the version he uses shows available words, and it counts down as he submits words. Judging by your score, it's possible the discrepancy you see is accounted for by the words you have submitted.
    Last edited by BoggleOtaku; 12-12-2023, 09:27 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by BoggleOtaku View Post
      I noticed in MegaWords video that the board stats in the version he uses shows available words, and it counts down as he submits words. Judging by your score, it's possible the discrepancy you see is accounted for by the words you have submitted.
      headsmack!!

Thanks.

You're right. Tried it out on a throw-away board and it does exactly that.

I only look at the board stats before I open the game, then glance to see how many 8+ words exist. Don't have enough attention to watch it while playing.

Comment

Originally posted by Naboka View Post

headsmack!!

Thanks.

You're right. Tried it out on a throw-away board and it does exactly that.

I only look at the board stats before I open the game, then glance to see how many 8+ words exist. Don't have enough attention to watch it while playing.
        Well that would be amazing if you could play the game & watch the stats @ once.

I used to use Safari & I had a lot of problems with this & many other game sites. When I switched to Chrome, my problems have diminished. Sometime you may want to try playing with another browser & see if you have the same problems.

Comment

Working...
        X