Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How many times can a Word Twist puzzle be played?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How many times can a Word Twist puzzle be played?

When scanning each game's stats, I've noticed that you don't often (ever?) see a game that has been played more than 40 times. Is a game retired after 40 plays? Or am I just not seeing something? Thanks!

They don't actually get retired; they just have their stats reset to zero. So when you set a new high score on a game, it's probably not really the highest score ever played, just the highest since the stats were reset.

Also, I've seen some games that said they'd been played 41 or 42 times. I think what happens is that periodically (once per day?) any games that have reached 40 or more plays get reset. Sometimes a game will reach 40 but will get played again before the reset happens.

Comment

I believe they also get reset after someone hits 1000 or higher score, with the same reset period caveat as above.

Comment

Originally posted by BoggleOtaku View Post
        I believe they also get reset after someone hits 1000 or higher score, with the same reset period caveat as above.
        It's "over 1000" for 5x5 and a lower limit (700?) for 4x4. I remember Stephen posting what the limits had been changed to, but I can't remember which thread they were posted in. And the limit for plays is 40, but a particular board might be played after that until the pruner comes along and resets the stats. When a board is reset, though, it is removed temporarily from the active play pool and it's possible that it won't reappear for a while.

Comment

Thanks everyone!

Comment

Working...
          X