Those unexpected interruptions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Those unexpected interruptions

Just wondering what interesting stories others have about being interrupted during a game.

This one was garden variety. The wife calls wanting to know what I wanted from Chipotle. Since I was just messing around doing short games, I forgot I was playing until it timed out. The wife wanted to know what was so funny. Heck if I know. But it made me laugh.

Screen Shot 2024-04-01 at 3.30.39 PM.png

Oh well, at least I had a hundred points. Better than all those zero games I messed up by beng distracted and not quitting.

Not really an interruption but more of a distraction, still along the same lines. I primarily use my laptop in the dining room in front of my bay window in my house. My neighbors across the street to the left decided to install a 6 foot Holy Mary statue that slowly cycles through all the colors of the rainbow. At night, I see it out of the corner of my eye and it's driving me nuts. I suppose eventually I'll get used to it and it will become like light "white noise" but for now it's really annoying.

Comment

Hopefully Holy Mary was just there for the Easter season.

Comment

Doesn't look good. Mary has been in the left side of their flower bed since they moved in in January..............and to add insult to injury they've now placed a Jesus statue on the right
        side of the flower bed. He's not quite as visible from my window since he's partially blocked by my tree but they glow in perfect sync. Didn't know such things existed and no idea how they got them synced up. First light blue, dark blue, red, purple, pink, yellow etc. all night long

There seems to be a competition in my neighborhood to see who can create the most light pollution. One of my other neighbors decided to install solar lights around the entire perimeter of his whole front yard. There must be 30-40 of the damn things sticking out of the ground. His yard looks like an airport runway landing strip. I asked him about it, he said he thinks it's kind of cool looking but a bit of a hassle when he cuts the grass

Comment

Originally posted by RussDNails View Post
          Doesn't look good. Mary has been in the left side of their flower bed since they moved in in January..............and to add insult to injury they've now placed a Jesus statue on the right
          side of the flower bed. He's not quite as visible from my window since he's partially blocked by my tree but they glow in perfect sync. Didn't know such things existed and no idea how they got them synced up. First light blue, dark blue, red, purple, pink, yellow etc. all night long

There seems to be a competition in my neighborhood to see who can create the most light pollution. One of my other neighbors decided to install solar lights around the entire perimeter of his whole front yard. There must be 30-40 of the damn things sticking out of the ground. His yard looks like an airport runway landing strip. I asked him about it, he said he thinks it's kind of cool looking but a bit of a hassle when he cuts the grass
          You could make a flyer with a picture of Jesus surrounded by birds (I'm sure I've seen one of those) saying something like "Jesus cares about all creatures, big and small... Stop light pollution now!" And drop it in their mailbox. And keep doing that until they take the statues down.

Comment

Not a bad approach, you'd definitely want to tread lightly when it comes to people's religious icons!

Comment

Working...
            X