Uncorrected error in Puzzle #32648278

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Uncorrected error in Puzzle #32648278

Please fix the error in Acrostic Puzzle #32648278, clue G! The clue is "hyph." (nothing else) and the answer is "kielbasy." Kielbasy is a variant of "kielbasa," which is not hyphenated. It is also the name of a village in Poland, which in Polish is transcribed with a special character that we do not have in English. The character is a straight line like a lowercase "L" with a diagonal bar through it. This was possibly confused with a hyphen by somebody. This clue-answer pair is very unfair to solvers. It has been commented on four times, beginning in 2017. Please fix it!

There are dozens and dozens of errors scattered through the puzzles, many of which were first commented on years ago and never corrected. You’re fighting a losing cause.

Comment

I know. I've also used the "Contact us" link to ask a question or point out an error and never gotten a response—except once, when I asked how I could pay for a subscription without using Paypal. THAT got a response. I have seen Admin answer a question posted on the Forum, rarely, so I occasionally try again. I don't know if he's arrogant, overwhelmed, or what, but it's something he should change.

Comment

By the way, I love the name Patience Crabstick! Wish I'd thought of it.

Comment

Working...
        X