Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• sewaneesue
    replied
    inline, I'm on my third MacMini, and they all have had serious problems, mainly that the color pinwheel is almost always spinning. I've taken my current one to the local Apple Store, but nothing can be done. However, my computer has been behaving tonight during my Acrostics playing.

Leave a comment:

• inlineb
    replied
    I can't understand why users of this forum don't like the built-in Safari browser from Apple. This is a great browser that protects my anonymity and has all the functions necessary for users. Of course, Mozilla Firefox does a better job of clearing the cache. But this isn't a reason to delete Safari on your MAC computer. Have you downloaded the latest version of Catalina software? I'm also wondering if you downloaded this on the official website? Like any other Apple products, MAC computers don't tolerate the use of pirated software. I read about hacking problems on zumroad.com, so I often see stories like "I downloaded this on a pirate site and got a virus".
    Last edited by inlineb; 06-16-2022, 01:36 PM.

Leave a comment:

• RedEnoch
    replied
    Verting’s comment got lost. Maybe it was the Mac? I’ve noticed that I sometimes lose the page before I get a chance to finish my comments. This happens on cryptograms too. I use an iPhone XR, updated about a week ago.

Leave a comment:

• jugl11
    replied
    Thanks, and No. I have a 10+ year old Dell with the much-maligned Windows Vista system.

Leave a comment:

• redpicker
    replied
    Congrats from me, too. That is an impressive accomplishment.

But, I gotta ask, did you do it on a MAC?

Leave a comment:

• jugl11
    replied
    Thanks, HOOTMON! Very kind of you to say that. I can almost guarantee it's a one-off.

Leave a comment:

• hootmon
    replied
    Congratulations to our first(I think)Acrostics Triple Crown Winner! Well played Jug11!

Leave a comment:

• scitsorca
    replied
    Sue, I don't use a Mac, but generally if your screen is going to sleep, that shouldn't remove anything on the screen, your puzzle shouldn't disappear. When you wake your monitor, exactly the same thing the computer was displaying when the monitor went to sleep should be there. If the computer is going to sleep on you, have a look for power settings to see whether you can change that.

As for trying a different browser, here's the instructions for installing firefox https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb...Firefox+on+Mac

Do you know how to back up the system? Does the Mac have a "system restore" function? Make sure you back it up and/or create a restore point (if that's possible) so that you can revert if something goes awry with the installation.

Leave a comment:

• sewaneesue
    replied
    Thanks for your post, SweetCC. I don't know how to "tweak". I'm guessing that my screen is timing out; never did that until Catalina. But I guess that is my monitor? It's an ASUS, and I don't know how to tweak it. Sue

Leave a comment:

• sewaneesue
    replied
    If only we'd bought Apple stock in the 1980's, right Hootmon? I'm on my third MacMini, and I've had lots of problems with them all. (I wonder sometimes if Apple sells us used equipment, like Logitech does.) I had a Dell using Windows XP which was excellent for 11 years, then needed updating. I planned on buying another Dell but couldn't decide on 7 or 8 version. Then friends talked me into getting a Mac. Sue

Leave a comment:

• sewaneesue
    replied
    I use Safari, redpicker. So, I can use something else? How do I go about doing that? Sue

Leave a comment:

• sewaneesue
    replied
    I tend to agree, Crabstick, based on my experience with Safari. I noticed right away that Safari and Amazon don't get along. Sue

Leave a comment:

• MamaSooz
    replied
    I've been a Mac owner for 20+ years. The only issues I've had in that time were with job-required Windows machines. Suggest you keep your OS updated if for no other reason than to keep malware off your machine.

Leave a comment:

• hootmon
    replied
    Amen to you Sweet CC. I couldn't have said it better

Leave a comment:

• SweetCC
    replied
    I also am a Mac user (have been for 12 years) and will ignore all the trash talk on here. I wouldn't go back to Microsoft for anything. I recently purchased a used 2013 iMac with High Sierra installed. I upgraded to Mojave and then to Catalina. I had to do some tweaking on some things (such as security access to be able to use all the Zoom features I wanted). However, I have had no trouble at all with Acrostics on Puzzle Baron. This means that I don't have specific suggestions for you, except to say that something likely needs to be tweaked a bit. Find someone who knows iMacs to ask this question of. Clearly the advice you will get from here is useless. Patience Crabstick appears to be much more Crabstick than Patience in this case.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X