Weird happenings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Weird happenings

I keep getting this weird "something is wrong with your solution" error, and when I hit the back button, a lot of the letters have disappeared. It's a little hard to get my best times under these circumstances.

Same here, very annoying

Comment

Is this happening for you on all puzzles or just a certain one? I ran a few test solves just now and did not experience this issue - to help me replicate it can you let me know what browser/operating system you're using?
      If you enjoy our puzzles, please consider upgrading to a premium account to remove all ads and help support us financially. Thanks for your support!

Comment

It's happening on all acrostics and has been for two days now.

Comment

I rebooted my computer just to make sure--no effect.

Comment

It happened to me too, on a number of puzzles i did yesterday.

Comment

Actually just happened again to me. When I hit “close” after getting the usual try again window, it took me to another screen that told me to go back. When I hit the back arrow, the puzzle reappeared with seven or eight letters missing. It happened the same way three times until i was 100% correct. Annoying when you are playing for time.

Comment

Ah, I think I understand what's happening now. I've added a bit of code to hopefully prevent this - can you let me know if it is any better now?
                If you enjoy our puzzles, please consider upgrading to a premium account to remove all ads and help support us financially. Thanks for your support!

Comment

Sorry I forgot to answer the browser/OS question. I'm using Mac OS Sonoma 14.2.1, and Google Chrome. I've never had any trouble (for years) until now.

Comment

FIXED. Thanks so much! I'm glad to know about this forum. BTW the site is also much less laggy than it has been lately. I thought that was wifi issues on my end.

Comment

Great to hear! Thanks again for catching this issue.

Comment

Have seen it since you added the code. Thanks!

Comment

Sorry, I meant haven’t, and I’ve done at least 10 more puzzles since.

Comment

Great to hear - thanks Lauramur!

Comment

Working...
                            X