Already Solved?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Already Solved?

I've been enjoying your acrostics for a very long time, but recently I'm having a problem that I've never seen before. When I complete a new puzzle, I get the page that says it has already been solved. It doesn't happen with every puzzle, but it appears enough to be annoying. I'm pretty sure that I'm not doing anything wrong, but I'd like to figure out what's going on.

Hi mjfitz -

This can happen if your browser happens to reload the game over page more than once. I've added code now that should make the game over page display the proper information regardless of how many times it is loaded. Please let me know if you still continue to experience this issue.
    If you enjoy our puzzles, please consider upgrading to a premium account to remove all ads and help support us financially. Thanks for your support!

Comment

Hi - I think I Found the cause of the problem. I noticed other erratic behaviors. Things like drop-down menus and popups that disappear before I can provide input, clicking on random links, and other weird actions. On a hunch, I changed the batteries in my mouse, and the problems seem to have disappeared. Apparently, when the batteries are nearly exhausted, the mouse operates erratically. In my case, when I clicked the "submit" button, the mouse registered two clicks instead of one and I was sent to the "puzzle already completed" page. Sorry for the confusion and any wasted time you spent reworking the code.

Comment

I see this wasn't quite the original topic, but is there any way for a user to avoid encountering puzzles that they have already solved?

Comment

Lorena, just go to the next puzzle. When I open a puzzle that I consider too long, I just go to the next one.

Comment

You can't tell if you've already solved the puzzle until you solve it again though!

Comment

I've never been offered one that I've already solved, but I do find clues and answers I've seen used in other puzzles (or same clue bit different answer). This never bothers me, and sometimes it shaves a few seconds off my time.

Comment

I have played over 5000 puzzles and never had one a second time.

Comment

FWIW, I’ve done almost 32k and have seen a number of repeats. It really stinks when you find that the record you couldn’t beat was actually the one you set a few years ago! Guess I’m just getting old.

Comment

You pretty much know the answer before you ask, I suppose.

Comment

Working...
                    X