No announcement yet.

RIP bansaisequoia

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I keep this in a special file of all the cryptogrammers that I admire on this site. I'd like to share it now: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RCnn4dgZuPY

Comment

I'm just now seeing this after not being on the site in a while. RIP Bansai, my fellow South Florida resident and my constant motivation to get faster and faster. You will be missed.

Comment

I just found out today after a long absence from the site. Bansai, you were a giant in the forest. I have always felt that I did a good job solving a puzzle if I was 12 seconds behind your record. Requiescat in pace.

Comment

Today would have been bansaisequoia's birthday. :-(

Comment

I just landed on the quote comment thread that inspired montyb's drawing:

"If you would know strength and patience, welcome the company of trees." — Hal Borland

bansaisequoia
            January 17, 2010, 6:45 pm
            Some of my best drinking buddies are ents.

montyb
            May 22, 2012, 7:08 pm
            Cheers, Treebeard.

bansaisequoia
            October 1, 2012, 7:09 pm
            Someday, I'll buy you an ent-draught at one of our watering holes, monty.

-----

(Scroll up this page to comment #26 to see monty's tribute.)

Comment

I've returned after a long hiatus, and this is so very sad.

I always thought his various screen names held a degree of frustration and sadness...it struck me that if you took a sequoia seedling and turned it into a bansai, a tree that would otherwise have been huge and majestic would be stunted and limited by forces beyond its control.

God rest his soul

Comment

Like universalmom, I was away a couple of years. I'm sad to hear of bansaisequoia's passing, but at least his records and comments live on.

Comment

He was The Best. vidmate.app saveinsta
                  Last edited by sujatavid; 10-06-2022, 01:49 AM.

Comment

Working...
                  X