"Some people never go crazy. What truly horrible lives they must lead."
    — Charles Bukowski

bansaisequoia
    June 22, 2010, 5:14 pm
    I didn't GO crazy--I was born this way.

Leave a comment:

• Toeprint
    replied
    "Going to work for a large company is like getting on a train. Are you going sixty miles an hour or is the train going sixty miles an hour and you're just sitting still?"
    — J. Paul Getty

bansaisequoia
    October 10, 2012, 9:48 pm
    I'm going sixty light-years per hour, the company is standing still, and they're putting cows on my train tracks, trying to warp everything back to the Stone Age. Funny you should ask, J. Paul. (and you're no Sartre!)

Leave a comment:

• Toeprint
    replied
    "A small town is a place where there is no place to go where you shouldn't."
    — Burt Bacharach

opallady
    August 25, 2009, 2:49 pm
    Or if there is, everyone will know about it.
    bonsaisequoia
    February 9, 2010, 4:01 am
    And if you go to the cathouse, all the yokels will talk about it on their CBs after they pick it up on their police scanners. (You might be a redneck if...)
    bansaisequoia
    May 22, 2011, 4:35 am
    Burt Bacharach is probably so rich, he lives in a quiet little exurb of well-to-do persons. The zoning laws probably prohibit any places to go "where you shouldn't."

Leave a comment:

• Toeprint
    replied
    "Perfection is finally attained not when there is no longer anything to add but when there is no longer anything to take away, when a body has been stripped down to its nakedness. "
    — Antoine de Saint-Exupery

rosalita
    March 17, 2009, 1:27 pm
    I find cryptograms that are so long they can't be seen without paging down... tedious
    bansaisequoia
    August 18, 2009, 9:57 pm
    If you find that to be a problem, press F11. Your taskbars and toolbars will disappear and more of the quote will be seen on the screen. If you want your taskbars and toolbars to reappear, simply press F11 again.
    universalmom
    May 25, 2012, 12:21 am
    Whoa bansai...I know you wrote this almost 3 years ago, but it was really helpful
    abra
    August 31, 2013, 10:05 am
    I never knew that. Thanks bansai! I always do control minus to make it smaller. This is better.
    Lurker
    June 11, 2014, 12:43 pm
    The equal sign will also center the quote and put the cursor at the first letter. Not sure if that's enough to keep this one in full view, though. It's really long.
    marnita
    August 4, 2014, 4:27 pm
    We can all learn a lot from bansai!
    wordfairy
    May 19, 2015, 10:10 pm
    Bansai, you're a blessing! Ste.-Exupery's comment is certainly thought-provoking, and seems to have spiritual significance.

Leave a comment:

• Toeprint
    replied
    "Only a fool tests the depth of the water with both feet. "
    — Proverb

bansaisequoia
    July 18, 2013, 1:03 pm
    I tested it by drinking it unboiled.
    Quizzical
    April 9, 2014, 2:42 pm
    How did that come out in the end?
    chopstix